Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Jerseys

Default Team Jerseys

I知 looking at getting some nice shirts for my trip league team, on our first full season.

What sort of jerseys do you guys use on your league bowling teams, if any? (I知 definitely leaning toward retro polo style)

Is it cheesy to put your names on the back, like the pros do? Team name only?

*trio league team*

Chats: 0

I personally like the polos vs the baggie jersey button up ones, my preference. I guess now a days it makes you look pretentious to put your name on the back like the pro's but IMO who cares? It's a feeling you yourself get when you put it on so if you want your name on the back then put it on there. I've considered getting those whole outfits like you see the pros wear with the pants and all. They look very comfortable and it would be a change from black slacks.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

I should rephrase - by polos, I meant the button-up kind. . I like those.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    I should rephrase - by polos, I meant the button-up kind. . I like those.
    I believe those are considered bowling jerseys. It's all personal preference. I'm used to wearing regular polos given all the careers I've had, it was standard issue. Only problem is I have like two polos left in my wardrobe when I used to have like 30 LOL Clothes shopping hasn't been on my list of things to do in a long time but it needs to be soon. I think I have more pajamas than clothing choices LOL Luckily at work I have dress shirts they gave me and I have several of my own but I hate bowling in them. They always come untucked everytime I throw so they are a hassle. I don't like bowling in long sleeves either, always roll them up.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Something like this, I think...

Nice looking shirt, unfortunately as skinny as I am it would look like a Heafty Bag on me. LOL
    Bowling Center Manager

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    I知 looking at getting some nice shirts for my trip league team, on our first full season.

What sort of jerseys do you guys use on your league bowling teams, if any? (I知 definitely leaning toward retro polo style)

Is it cheesy to put your names on the back, like the pros do? Team name only?
    In my area, team jerseys went from common to scarce as hens teeth by the end of the 70s. There seems to be a slight come back, at least among those who bowl in the Underground Bowling Association. Still most of the league bowlers I see are dressed in random casual clothes ranging from tee shirts and shorts, to polo or golf shirts with jeans or slacks, to bowling ball brand jerseys with the name on the back.
    By the way, having your name on the back is required for New England Bowlers Association tournaments and PBA regionals. although there is a waiver if you're only bowling one or two.
    John

Yeah but there is having your name on the back and HAVING YOUR NAME ON THE BACK! LOL Other words done tastefully and stylish to huge and gaudy.
    Bowling Center Manager

Chats: 221

On my Friday league all the teams wear matching shirts with their team name or their name on back. It's impressive to see 40 teams do that now days. And most of the teams get new shrts every year
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast