Thread: Wishing my oldest luck! Keeping my fingers crossed

Chats: 0

Default Wishing my oldest luck! Keeping my fingers crossed

My oldest son Bailey which I don't think I've ever really mentioned much here applied for his first job where I work. I don't mention him mainly because he has zero interest in bowling. He's my computer guru and he spends all of his waking time in the office. The only time I see him is when it's time to eat. He's 17 now and he's starting to realize that if he wants things he's going to have to get a job. He's not very social in real life, very shy because he got bullied a lot at school where we formerly lived.

He came to me recently and said he wants a job. I suggested Walmart down the street and he said he'd rather work at the bowling center. We are hiring pin chasers because a couple went on to other things and another left for college. My GM told me a few months ago they don't hire family members but the managers daughter works their as a party coordinator and a pinchaser once in a while. Plus I was told the GM's cousins worked their in the past. The manager likes my son, says he's a good kid. I told my son I'm not doing anything, HE is going to have to go tell the manager he wants the job not me. So wifey brought him up the other day to do that and fill out the application.

The manager is going to bring him in for an interview tomorrow or Tues. Manager said, "You're not going to treat him different because he's your kid are you?" I said "Hell no! Work is work, home is home and that's that!" When I'm at work I'm all business, I don't care who it is. He will not get any special treatment from me. In the past I've worked with my wife, my brother and me eh....ex. I wrote up my own brother for being leaving a job because the customer yelled at him. I'm fun to work with, I'm fair but if something needs to be done then do it, it's a business not a party. Bottom line, if he don't work out he don't work out, either way it will be a learning experience. Maybe he will come out of his shell? He went and bought a whole outfit to wear (with his own money) for the interview and got his hair cut so I know he really wants it. Hope he gets it.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

High Roller

Good luck to him!
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I seriously hope he gets it, it would do a lot for his self esteem. He's had some pretty bad issues with that. Bullying really screws kids up.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

He will progress a long way when he earns that first check, and realizes that he’s earning his freedom. Personal power comes from self-reliance.