Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: plastic ball

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    I would recommend either the hammer widow spare or a weak urethane ball (steer clear of the hot cells, black widow urethane, and other strong urethane balls).
    Good advice. I'm a HUGE Widow Spare fan now. I get length and some hitting power. From what I understand, they use a slightly softer plastic for the widow. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, it's one heck of a plastic ball. I just moved right and let it fly. It is the answer to my bowling prayers if you wanna know how I really feel. I can't throw fast any more and need something that goes long.
    I personally am biased towards carrying a true dead-straight spare ball since then it doesn't matter what pattern or house I'm bowling (and essentially the quality of my release) I know where I need to hit and stand removing all other variables.[/QUOTE]
    Even though I have a widow spare, I still have a Pyramid cheap plastic ball for 10 pins.

Chats: 221

Like you Eddy I have a Maxim polished with UFO ( slip agent polsh) for spares and a Taboo spare (widow core/ plastic shell) for dry
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12