Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your arsenal for this year

Chats: 0

If I stick with my 16lb gear I'll be rolling:

Brunswick: C-System AlphaMax ; Massive Damage ; Total Inferno ; TZone
    AMF: Cobra

When funds allow I intend to switch to 15lb so who knows. I'll get to build from scratch, I really like the current offerings from Hammer and Rotogrip

Since they changed the type of oil in the house, and the volume, its really been a struggle to carry consistently. The High Rev guys are loving it as are the two handed players. Everyone else not so much. I went to a Storm Surelock and still trying to get the angle to the pocket right. I am having a hard time carrying the ten pen. Looking at the Brunswick Quantum Bias, and the Rotogrip Halo. Cause I just don't seem to be able to make friends with the Surelock. Yes we have that much oil. Most folks are back to playing around the oil on the outside 7-5 board. The track shot will give you the pocket but you wont carry a high percentage. I am not one of the guys with 450 revs, I just don't have that kind of hand in the ball. Had scored really well before so its just a matter of figuring the line out.
    On the league secretary statistics, the total league shot 3 pins under the previous league average on Thurs. and 3 pins under on Tues. Not sure what the oil switch was about, but it hasn't been well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Great choice with the Venom Shock.Was one of my favorits before it was stolen
    Someone stole your ball? What the? There is a special place beyond 6 feet under somewhere between Hitler and divorce attorneys for people who rip off bowling equipment.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Currently I’m carrying/rotating out the following. Some may change throughout the season as new equipment is released.

Brunswick:
    Quantum Bias
    Cutting Edge Solid (great benchmark ball)
    Cutting Edge Hybrid
    T-ZONE

Radical:
    Intel
    Intel Pearl
    Katana Slash

DV8:
    Hitman Enforcer

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Jason I won a "fix it" in a raffle was it worth what I had to pay for drilling?
    That is the Symmetrical and Assymetrical ball I believe, it was the first one and Track made something similar with the Alias.

Anyway, depending on how you drill the ball it can be either sym or asym. From what I heard its a good ball but I don't have it. I know you aren't on Facebook but the reason why I converted to Radical is there is a Facebook group for Radical Fans and you can talk to Mo Pinel, Radical ball designer. I gave him my specs and he gave me my layouts for my balls. Who better than the actual guy who designed the ball to give you a layout.

I recently picked up a Radical Intel and I threw my first 700 series ever, then 3 weeks later I did it again. Also threw a No Tap 300 during a No Tap tournament so I have to say I've been really happy with the Radical equipment.

Just a 15lb Hyroad for me.

That things got more hook than I can even use.

Storm Hyroad
    Hammer Dark Legend Solid
    RG Hustle INK
    RG Own It red spare

All 15 lb. I bowl 3 leagues in 2 different centers and that group has performed very well. I find myself using the Hammer most of the time. Very controllable and predictable for me.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Right handed: Storm Mix, (spare ball), Storm HyRoad, Brunswick Kingpin Max, Brunswick Mastermind Einstein

Left handed: Storm HyRoad, Storm Virtual Gravity Nano.
    John

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    That is the Symmetrical and Assymetrical ball I believe, it was the first one and Track made something similar with the Alias.

Anyway, depending on how you drill the ball it can be either sym or asym. From what I heard its a good ball but I don't have it. I know you aren't on Facebook but the reason why I converted to Radical is there is a Facebook group for Radical Fans and you can talk to Mo Pinel, Radical ball designer. I gave him my specs and he gave me my layouts for my balls. Who better than the actual guy who designed the ball to give you a layout.

I recently picked up a Radical Intel and I threw my first 700 series ever, then 3 weeks later I did it again. Also threw a No Tap 300 during a No Tap tournament so I have to say I've been really happy with the Radical equipment.
    Thanks for the reply. We start Tuesday and then Friday. I will let you know how it works.

Chats: 2

I have far too many that I can still throw, so lets see what all I can remember lol.

Storm: Phaze II, Pitch Black, Timeless, Drive, Street Fight
    Rotogrip: Hot Cell, Show Off
    DV8: Turmoil Pearl
    Columbia White Dot

I'm sure there are many others in the closet that I've forgotten about as well lol
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast