Thread: What's your arsenal for this year

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Typically going to go to any house league with the following arsenal:

Hammer: Gauntlet Fury, Black Widow Urethane, Cherry Vibe
    Pyramid: Curse (@2000)
    Jet: Blackbird (spare)

I also have a Roto Grip Hyper Cell that I typically bring for tournament/sport shots (typically don't encounter conditions that require this ball) but I will be replacing this at some point before the next tournament season.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Chats: 4

I guess I'll be using the same old equipment as last year and the
    year before that and the year before that all the way back to 2014
    which will be my Hammer badass and Hammer blue Spike my main
    bowling balls and the other ones I have also.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Daredevil trick and the skull for one league. I do somehandicap tournaments at other alleys so I also have a dare devil danger for dry and storm match up for short patterns. That's enough to lug. I don't have a caddy

Chats: 1

Switched over to 15 lb equipment this year. I have the Radical Katana from last year, and added the Radical Quick Fix, and DV8 spare ball in 15 lbs. I also added a bit of surface to the Quick Fix using 3000 abralon.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Default My New Gems

I will be throwing my usual Brunswick Mastermind Scholar. With it, I am adding my Radical Tremendous.

To round it out, I will be adding my new Brunswick Method to it that I won directly from Liz Kuhlkin. She included an autographed picture with it as well. 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

Chats: 204

Arsenal in my signature.

It's gonna be a challenging season. I don't like the Thug Life as a #1 ball out of the bag. It's ideally a replacement for my #3 skid/flip position. However, these are the last of my 16lbers...and I want to switch back to 15lbs with my next arsenal.

Thus far this season, not only is using 16lbs causing me physical problems (having been away from bowling for 9 months)...but I've averaged 147.5 in my 1st games over the past 4 weeks. Compare that to averaging 194.75 in my 2nd games and 182.5 in my 3rd games.

It's seemingly clear that the Thug Life doesn't have the 'bite' on the fresh pattern. Once the pattern breaks down...it starts to work...most times I'll switch to the Warning Sign in Game 3 at some point. I usually don't get to ball #3...if I do it's late in the 3rd game.

I was hoping to use this arsenal to play with surface management. BUT....then my ball spinner motor fried up...so now I gotta figure out how to replace the motor in the ball spinner so I can get back to playing with the surfaces. In the meantime, I gotta figure out what to do in Game 1. The only other option is to start with the Warning Sign outside the track...then switch to the Thug Life when the pattern breaks down...but I really, really don't have much confidence in the Warning Sign. It's a ball with little track record of success...but who knows? Maybe thats my only option.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I have been using the same two bowling balls since 2005. One is a 14# Blue Hammer with 2000 surface dull and a 15# Raw Hammer Anger with 2000 surface dull. I do revive the surfaces when needed. They still work well.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Right now my first go-to balls include the Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and the Brunswick Cutting Edge Pearl. Loving this equipment so far. Can't wait to add more to my arsenal.

Bowler

Why do you need 6 balls for the same league? 3 at most I would think. A solid forfresh then one for when it starts to dry up and then a plastic

Bowler

Anyway I have the rotogrip trio, idol for first two games if it starts to go nuts, then the trick drilled weak,and danger for later rounds oftournaments after a bunch of games were throen and a storm match up for short patterns

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast