Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dave's Goodtimers Scores

I haven't posted my scores for a few weeks due to life happening. The bowling did still happen, though. I just didn't have time to post the scores. So here we go:

Week 6 was rough. It was better than Week 5, but that's not saying much. Five opens in each game. No doubles. I guess I should be happy that the scores were as high as they were.

-Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

Week 7

I still averaged 5 opens per game. And I'm still not capitalizing on any of my strikes. We had 2 bowlers out, one prebowled and one didn't. We bowled some good bowlers, including one who had a 766. We lost all 7 points, but it's hard to be mad about that when they bowl so well. It was fun to bowl against them. Some day...

-Dave

Week 8

I was rushed last night. I had a major issue in my homework right before I left, which caused me to run late. I showed up without dinner and only threw a few balls during practice. Then, there was an issue with our money envelope. Last week, there was 2 weeks worth of money in the envelope, so I thought it was one of the two that were missing. Neither of them did. So I worked with the secretary to try to figure it out. It wasn't until the 5th frame that I actually took a breath and concentrate on bowling.

It wasn't until the middle of the second game that I found the line that worked. Unfortunately, it was straight up the 5 as hard as I could throw it. It was extremely dry out there, but if my ball found any oil, I couldn't get it to come back. That's what I get for throwing plastic. Luckily, I think I may be able to upgrade in the next few weeks.

-Dave

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I may have missed this in the thread somewhere, but can I ask why your main ball is a T-Zone? Especially at your house?
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I may have missed this in the thread somewhere, but can I ask why your main ball is a T-Zone? Especially at your house?
    I think in the past he has said that he is just getting back in the game, knew he would need a plastic ball for spares, so that was the least expensive way to start out he should be adding a ball with a bit more hook potential soon.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I think in the past he has said that he is just getting back in the game, knew he would need a plastic ball for spares, so that was the least expensive way to start out he should be adding a ball with a bit more hook potential soon.
    That's exactly right. I was going to get one last month, but some things came up that pushed my bowling ball purchase back a bit. I am looking forward to having a ball that can handle some oil.
    -Dave

You must have a very favorable definition of "flush" because if you are leaving the 4 pin, 2 pin, 4-7 pins, 2-4-8 pins, 4-10 split, etc., you are not "flush" in the pocket. Your ball may have touched both the 1 and 3 pins, but that does not make it a flush hit. Accepting this will help you increase your bowling scores.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinBowler300 View Post
    You must have a very favorable definition of "flush" because if you are leaving the 4 pin, 2 pin, 4-7 pins, 2-4-8 pins, 4-10 split, etc., you are not "flush" in the pocket. Your ball may have touched both the 1 and 3 pins, but that does not make it a flush hit. Accepting this will help you increase your bowling scores.
    I am not tracking the hits, the software just defaults to that if I hit the head pin.
    -Dave

146-157-154-457

This was my best week yet. I know that I had a 465 earlier, but that was an up and down series. This week, I was more consistent. I only had 6 strikes all night, but I had a double for the first time in a while, and I converted more than 50% of my spares. Those that I didn't, I did not miss by much. I had 7 marks in a row in the third game, which made me pretty happy. I'm so close to where i was before.

I'm still rolling plastic, and it may be that way for the rest of the year. I was going to pick up a ball on Monday, but my transmission decided to spring a leak. I'm hoping it's just a seal, but even that will take the money that I was going to use for a new ball. I'm hoping by January I will be able to finally get that new ball.

[edit: I did get a double last week.]

Last edited by Florida Bowler; 10-31-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    -Dave

141-167-180-488

Now this is what I'm talking about. I am still having trouble hitting the pocket consistently, but I converted 62.5% of my spares including all 10 single pin spares. I even got my first turkey of the season. I would like to get back to the point where I'm averaging a 500 series, but for now I can't wait to get my first 500 series this year. So close. A wobbling 5 pin in game 2 and another in game 3 would have given me a 518. Oh well, get 'em next week.

On the down side, we lost all 7 points for the second straight week. It doesn't bother me much, but one of my teammates can't handle it. By the third game, he is way off. I've been doing what I can to be a cheerleader and lighten the mood, but it's not working well. This week we ran into a buzz saw. A 145 average bowler finished with a 615 and a 180 bowler finished with a 670. We did well, but not that well.

-Dave

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast