Thread: Dave's Goodtimers Scores

Chats: 0

Default Dave's Goodtimers Scores

I joined a league for the first time in I don't know how long. My ex-wife got rid of all of my bowling equipment, so I'm rebuilding my arsenal. The league sounds like a lot of fun. I got put on a team with several others that were looking for a team. We start on Tuesday. My goal is to have more 500+ series than under 500 by December. I can't wait to have some scores to post!
    -Dave

In the bag: Brunswick TZone

So my first week of bowling went about as I expected. Fresh oil meant that I wouldn't get the hook I was getting with the TZone on dry lanes. I ended up taking an outside line and found some success out there. My biggest issue was my spare shooting. I need to improve on 50% overall and 55% of makeable spares. All in all, though, I'm pretty happy. Bowling in a league for the first time in years feels good.

-Dave

I had fun. That's about all I can say about this week. I could not strike. In fact, I had a hard time getting to the pocket. When I did, I was leaving the 5 pin. I need to get a stronger ball at some point. But more importantly, I need to start picking up my spares. The last one really hurt. I missed the 3-6, such an easy pickup, and we lost the third game by 4 pins. Grrrr. Oh well, we only picked up 2 points this week, but we got all 7 last week.

-Dave

If you're using the Tzone as your primary ball, that would explain a bunch of the 5-pins. That ball doesn't have much of an "engine" in it, and deflects easier than a ball with a traditional weight block. Might be time to look at some new lumber!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Sure Lock, Storm IQ Tour Nano, Storm Fight, and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry).

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    If you're using the Tzone as your primary ball, that would explain a bunch of the 5-pins. That ball doesn't have much of an "engine" in it, and deflects easier than a ball with a traditional weight block. Might be time to look at some new lumber!
    You hit the nail on the head. I am rebuilding my arsenal after a divorce, so I went with the TZone first, because I was just trying to get back into the swing of things. I know that I will use it as a spare ball, so it was an economical way to get started earlier this summer. I will be going early next week so I can stop in the pro shop to start the process of picking out a new ball. Hopefully, in the next month or so, I will have enough saved up to get one.
    -Dave

High Roller
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    Actually a TZone has a true traditional weight block, just enought to compensate for the material removed by drilling the finger and thumb holes. What it lacks is a dynamic core.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Actually a TZone has a true traditional weight block, just enought to compensate for the material removed by drilling the finger and thumb holes. What it lacks is a dynamic core.
    It's not a pancake weight, I'll give it that. Not sure I'd even call that tiny thing a weight block. Semantics.....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Sure Lock, Storm IQ Tour Nano, Storm Fight, and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry).

I bowled my best game and series of the season so far, but it should have been so much better. My line was there the entire night if I could just hit my mark. My problem was that I missed it most of the second and third games. When I hit it, 10 in the pit. It wasn't a transition issue, as I struck in the 9th and 10th in the third game when I hit my mark.

I still need to do a better job on spares. I converted 50% this week, but just 2 of 6 on single pins. I'm getting better. I have no doubt that 500 series will be common by Christmas.

-Dave