Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First night of Sport League

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    No,no,no,no, Phonetek you can not think that way you have to have a positive attitude
    and say to yourself "hey I can beat this guy/gal no problem" that is the
    way to think about it.
    I know what you are saying and I appreciate that but I'm a realist so my mind doesn't work that way. It's good to stay positive I agree but sometimes you just have to tip your hat and look at reality of the situation. Otherwise I think it's better to just say to yourself "I know I'm gonna get murdered but I'm still going to give it my all and see if I can come out ahead" Thinking I'd dominate a pro would just be setting myself up to let myself down if I didn't. I knew I was getting on a league with some elite but I didn't expect pro elite.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Too bad man! Sounds like you psyched yourself up pretty good. I was hoping that you did well and found a way to score as well as the others on your lanes. I thought of bowling at that same center, but our team came together again closer here and seems to be better. I'd have gotten some help from the coaching staff there to bowl in that kind of league.
    Calm down and bowl well next week. You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Too bad man! Sounds like you psyched yourself up pretty good. I was hoping that you did well and found a way to score as well as the others on your lanes. I thought of bowling at that same center, but our team came together again closer here and seems to be better. I'd have gotten some help from the coaching staff there to bowl in that kind of league.
    Calm down and bowl well next week. You can do it!
    For what it's worth there were others the did worse than I did, just not on our pair. Overall I was probably middle of the road at best. My one team member didn't do as bad but not too much better than me but that wasn't much comfort. I was pretty psyched yeah up before I got there but as I said I let everything overwhelm me an get the best of me. Next week maybe I'll be calmer. At least I'll know what to expect going in this time and worst case scenario already happened...I hope it was.

I would get coaching there but well not for $80 an hour which is what they charge.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    SMHIS What scores were you expecting to hear Bowl, just curious?
    What scores? Why the scores you shot on your sport league. Whether they are good or bad, just the scores you shot.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I said I didn't know the exact numbers, I didn't care to look. I know my last game was in the 140s but I didn't get to see the others because they started the next game before I got back to the table from putting my spare ball away. My series was around a 525 or something horrible like that according to my son. I was too ashamed to look or ask what they were. If you are really that interested I promise I'll find out and post them.
    Bowling Center Manager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12