Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-bowling League Secretary

Chats: 256

We have a huge league and we pay $0.75 per bowler per week to secretary. 38 5-person rosters equates to $5272.50 for our 37 week league. For the past several years, our secretary did not bowl and only sat in the settee area and collected the pay envelopes. He has since retired from these duties and a lady who does bowl in the league performs these duties.

Started a new league last night with 58 teams with 4 bowlers each, same pay $0.75 per bowler is over $6400.00 for the year. Not a bad side gig at all if you ask me.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Holy crap.

Now why wouldn’t I do that 7 days a week, and retire?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Actually I think you make more, my salary is a flat $7.75\bowler for the season, not weekly. I have 48 bowlers and that's $372, if I were to get .35 cents per bowler per week for 36 weeks, that would be $604.
    Are you only the Sec. or treasurer also? Together would be $14 I do both for $13.2. We only bowl 33 weeks. Hardly any leagues at our center bowl more than 33 weeks. Start after labor day and end in April.

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    We have a huge league and we pay $0.75 per bowler per week to secretary. 38 5-person rosters equates to $5272.50 for our 37 week league. For the past several years, our secretary did not bowl and only sat in the settee area and collected the pay envelopes. He has since retired from these duties and a lady who does bowl in the league performs these duties.

Started a new league last night with 58 teams with 4 bowlers each, same pay $0.75 per bowler is over $6400.00 for the year. Not a bad side gig at all if you ask me.
    That is an awful lot in my opinion. Does that also include the Treas. job? If not you are getting robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    That is an awful lot in my opinion. Does that also include the Treas. job? If not you are getting robbed.
    All of the leagues in our area, Secr/Treas are one in the same person.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Pin Crusher

That still sounds very excessive. Do they do anything more than just preparing and printing the sheets? I am charged $150 per year for using the centers printers, paper and recap sheets. I do everything at home and bring the finished product in and print it on their printer. They use an old fashioned printer for recaps it has a white copy then two copies one yellow and blue. White goes to the sec. the other 2 go to the captains.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    That still sounds very excessive. Do they do anything more than just preparing and printing the sheets? I am charged $150 per year for using the centers printers, paper and recap sheets. I do everything at home and bring the finished product in and print it on their printer. They use an old fashioned printer for recaps it has a white copy then two copies one yellow and blue. White goes to the sec. the other 2 go to the captains.
    Don't know. Guess it's different in each area.

It’s a holdover from the days of paper scoring, and manual accounting. We have spreadsheets for all that now.

No need whatsoever to pay that much.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

A few years back on the mens league I was on, The secretary/treasurer while he bowled on this particular league. He was secretary/treasurer on some other leagues that he did not bowl on.

He was really well organized for the organizational meets, First night, payoffs, he even got personally bonded.

He'd have packets ready containing copies of the leagues rules, USbc manuals (back when they still had them), Check list of everything you needed to do on first night, who to makes the checks out too, the forms that needed to be filled out, pay envelopes etc. Ballots to vote on stuff when needed.

Payoffs every team got a packet with standing sheets, sheets for each players with their games shot, averages plus the team record for the season. Team payoff monies had the exact bills and change needed to pay each team member without you having to get change.

He kept good minutes, had the latest software. he was worth every penny of the sec./tea. fee he got.

A lot of people think the sec./trea. doesn't need to get paid, software does everything these days.

Well your wrong, there is more to being a sec./trea. than just punching numbers in on a laptop and printing a few sheets of paper. If you really think it's easy, next time your league is look for one, volunteer to do the job and do it for nothing and find out.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 09-06-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Sounds like 2 hours of typical office work, to be honest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast