Thread: Grumpy’s Bowling Scores

Default Grumpy’s Bowling Scores

Well, I’m in two full season leagues this year, so I’ll be documenting my scores here.

For a bit of background, I just started bowling regularly last fall, joining a trio league with a buddy of mine. We made some friends, and got made fun of a bit, for being newbies.

I managed to carry a 107 average with my house ball, and eventually decided that I want to pursue this as a hobby.

So I played in a summer league with my buds, and an adult/kid league with my 10-year-old, roping him into the sport as well. All the practice has payed off, and I’m now up to a 135-ish, at the end of summer.

I’ve improved a lot more than my average indicates though, having shot a 600 series, and a high score of 260.

I have an analytical mind, so I really dove into learning the minutiae of bowling, and trying to master the physics of what’s going on in my swing.

Classic Trio League

Tonight was the big kickoff for the league, and I think I carried myself well, though not up to my potential. I noticed a few other really good bowlers playing WAY down though, to pad their averages. That’s pretty annoying to watch, but didn’t affect me really.

Scores were 159, 149, 148, for a 456 series. Could be worse, that’s a 150 average. Solid start for me.

I actually didn’t think I was even bowling that well. The reaction was all over the place, and I couldn’t find a good line through the oil. I saw a few big blobs on the ball, then not much for the rest of the night - just a sort of smear all over it. I’ll chalk it up to the heat in that place - it was smoking!

Anyway, I ended up moving much further inside than I’ve tried before - eventually standing on 35, and shooting at 15. Just couldn’t get consistent and string together some strikes.

On the upside, my spare shooting was above-average (50%), so I know I wasn’t just slinging it wildly or anything. Hopefully just a one-time thing, and I can tune it in for Sunday Couples’ League.

That's a nice consistent start to the season. You improved your average by almost 15 pins! Keep it up.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone