Thread: new ball similar to Dare Devil Trick

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default new ball similar to Dare Devil Trick

Hi,
    My alley oils alot on the outside so I play a straight hook up 7 and 8 (no angle to the left) whatever you call that shot...with this ball I've been doing very very well. it holds til game 3 and i just move 2 boards over or maybe 4 and angle slightly. i'm a lefty.

i've put about 100 games on it now. Any suggestions on something new that won't be too powerful to hold a straight projectory? it is pin up with i thinksome kind of reverse pitch
    I have a good revrate and speed i think it is about 350-375 and around 18 mph.

this ball would only be for the fresh med-heavy oil at this alley. as a lefty i'm finding i can do well with the same ball even by the 3rd game plus warmups.

i'll of course ask my proshop guy but i'd like to hear what you think and if you would replace it now based on the # of games even if you were still bowling well with it?

i have 2 other balls for dryer lanes already too but i don't use them there.
    thanks

Cranker

I wouldn't replace it unless that ball reaction started to die. If you are bowling well with it, then stick with it. Also if you love the ball that much, you could always buy another to hang on to and drill it up when you get ready to replace the old one.

Bowler

Thanks. I suppose you are right. I
    also replaced my grips and that eliminated the drops I was having and the ball coming in flat.I canstill buy another one now and hold onto it too. Last time I bought a ball online was in 2000 and the proshop guy felt they sold me an imperfect one

Chats: 2

If you're looking to replace the Trick and stay in the RG Lineup, I'd suggest something along the lines of the Idol or Halo. Both are going to give you that similar surface and look. I'd also suggest the hybrid in the Hyper Cell Fused. It's such a great ball it's hard to pass up if you bowl on anything with oil (doesn't fit into my current arsenal, only reason I haven't ordered one yet)
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

I just bought one on ebay for 119. I don't like to do that and always buy from the same pro shop but when they are discontinued..... I have purchased so many balls from him he won't charge me for drilling.

Bowler

i bought the Idol dull. because i didn't have a dull ball the proshop guy suggested. i don't like all the extra hook i have to stand 10 boards over and throw over the 3rd arrow. i'll get used to it. should increase my amount of flush strikes.
    The daredevil i have is weak and i get alot of ugly strikes. last game i bowled with it I threw 9 9's and 2 strikes