Hydra Lay out 60 x 4.5 x 60 pin under bridge, no extra hole

The hope with this nugget is to be able to blend the over under when chasing the pattern left on the burn/ late day. The core/cover match is a wonderful mix of easy length, high RG, lower diff, cover that sees the lane easy with out the over read off the dry. This nugget and lay out does allow me to blend the lane with easy. Lighter volume patterns, worn out surface, beat up heads and lots of linage are no match for the Hydra. The Hydra reminds me of one of my favorite balls of yesteryear, the Tribal.

What I loved about the Tribal was the ability to see the core tumble in the middle of the lane. The classic light bulb core for me have always been more of a lope/tumble than a hard reving skid snap core. This type of core roll suits my eyes for playing left as I like to see mid lane shape. The lope of the core does not over read the front part of the lane like some of the bigger more aggressive cores, nor does it just scoot to the spot like some of the smaller cores. The new cover laid on top of the seems to be a wonderful choice as the cover matches core. Some of past releases have seemed to want to scoot to much and then read the back end dry very hard. This would lead to a lot of over under, the Hydra seems to leave the over under behind and makes a great blended ball.

The Hydra looks to be an excellent addition to the line up for both tournament play and leagues play alike. The Hydra is a great step down for situations where the Venom Shock is to much, the VSP is to strong and the Rampage is not going through the pins. Look for the Hydra to be a mainstay in my bag for a long time to come.

Clayton Mohr
Motiv Staff