Thread: Resigning League Officer

Chats: 55

Default Resigning League Officer

Need help finding information on replacing an officer that is resigning from the league. Haven't located any USBC rule as of yet, indicating the process.

Our league rules only state: "3. The league should hold at least two organization meetings, one prior to the start of the league schedule, and one before the distribution of league awards/prize fund. The election of league officers for the succeeding season shall be conducted at the membership meeting that is held before the distribution of league awards." 4. "The management of this league shall be vested in the board of directors, which shall consist of the officers and team captains. A simple majority shall constitute a quorum."

Anyone? We need to do this at league tonight as I believe our secretary will be resigning.

Thanks All!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Need help finding information on replacing an officer that is resigning from the league. Haven't located any USBC rule as of yet, indicating the process.

Our league rules only state: "3. The league should hold at least two organization meetings, one prior to the start of the league schedule, and one before the distribution of league awards/prize fund. The election of league officers for the succeeding season shall be conducted at the membership meeting that is held before the distribution of league awards." 4. "The management of this league shall be vested in the board of directors, which shall consist of the officers and team captains. A simple majority shall constitute a quorum."

Anyone? We need to do this at league tonight as I believe our secretary will be resigning.

Thanks All!
    Rule 102b would apply I think.

102b.Vacancies in Office
    A vacancy in any office shall be filled by the board of directors.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

You didn't say which officer you need to replace. The Sec./Treas. need a person with integratory and skill. The Pres. is not that hard.
    The Board of directors should handle it.
    Last edited by fordman1; 09-17-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Rule 102b would apply I think.

102b.Vacancies in Office
    A vacancy in any office shall be filled by the board of directors.
    Thanks all....don't know how I missed this!

All went well at meeting - I'm the new secretary, so that might be a matter of opinion - hubby isn't too happy about it!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150