Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phonetek Scores

Chats: 0

Default Phonetek Scores

Second night of sport league. Not great, not terrible. Last night of USBC Team 2017 pattern. I have to say I hate that extra bite at the very last minute right before it gets to the headpin. I think I made a perfect shot then ZOOM it takes a left turn. Started off with a mere 152. I was having some release issues, I kept missing right of my target and the shot was unforgiving. Next game I started getting into my wheelhouse and was pretty happy with 197. I did make a significant move giving me a better angle. More importantly I had a decent game when the rest of my team didn't. I feel like I did my job as anchor and came through enough for us to win it. Third game started off okay, then lost it in the middle then got it back ending with 167. Meh

It's not a great series but I did beat my man all 3 games which is mission accomplished to me. I was much more comfortable tonight. I didn't have to go against a pro either. I was 2nd highest overall on the team tonight not the low man so I feel like I fit in much more than the first night. I had an overall much more positive experience. My Venom Shock has been in for over a week now but with all my vehicle issues, work hours and other things I haven't been able to get over to have it drilled. I can see I really need this ball for this league if I'm going to get anywhere. I think once I get that I'll be much better off.

Next week is Cheetah pattern, hoping it will be a little better for my style.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 256

Nice, learning how your ball reacts on the sport patterns is half the battle.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Nice, learning how your ball reacts on the sport patterns is half the battle.
    Yeah, it's quite the challenge to say the least. It's pretty scary changing lines in the middle not knowing if you're making the right choice. I guess no guts no glory aye?
    My team mate who throws very similar to me switched to play way outside to 1 board which worked for him. I can't say I have the moxy to try that on sport just yet. LOL THS I'd do that all day long without hesitating. Too little margin for error on sport.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Don't be afraid to use outside line, you will likely need to with the Cheetah pattern. Part of being in a sport shot league is learning where to play and with what equipment for your specific game and the pattern playing on. I learned too late in my summer sport league that playing the outside is what worked best for me.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I have to bring home the list of patterns we are playing on this for this league, they have a sheet. Suggestions on where to start on each pattern would certainly be welcomed since I am clueless. It definitely couldn't hurt.
    Bowling Center Manager

Tonight I did....meh. I bowled about 170 ish all 3 games. I decided to do Urethane all night so I my shots weren't diving at the last second. Nice smooth predictable arc. What I did do tonight was miss WAY too many single pin spares, 4 of which were 10 pins. There is just no excuse for that at all. I was in the handicap survivor pot and that last 10 pin cost me 290 bucks. That one 10 pin on the 3rd ball of the 10th frame. Had I picked it up I would have split the pot with the winner and got $290. Instead I whiffed it and got bupkiss. I of course didn't know until it was all over with. On the upside I got my 2 of 3 points and as a team we took 2 out of 3 and I was only out $10. I guess not all bad.
    Bowling Center Manager

Thursday night THS league. I did very well.....223, 248 and 235. A 706 is certainly nothing to be ashamed of for a change, it's been a long time since I hit 7xx. 235 could have been better had I not died on yet another darn 10 pin in the 10th. I absolutely hate bowling on lane 1, it is right up against the wall so shooting cross lane is very difficult. Even on the strike shot I end up hitting the wall with my foot, much worse cross lane. It's like walking up to the line with a second person up against you. Still my fault, I know it's there and I need to practice on it. Either way I cleaned up in the poker game all three games. I did feel bad though, nobody came close to bowling what I did and the 2nd and 3rd game I graciously decided to split the pot with the next best hand. If I win it every game then nobody is going to want to play anymore. Still, went home with a well needed extra 80 bucks and all 7 points for me and my team. A good time was had by all which is the point of that league.
    Bowling Center Manager

Well done Phonetek!
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Way to go Phonetek

Thanks guys. Now lets see if I can carry that over to the Sport League on Monday. I made an observation between the two. On the Thursday THS league I concentrate on hitting my target. On the sport league I'm trying not to miss my target. Sounds like the exact same thing but different mindset. I need to work on the first one on both leagues.
    Bowling Center Manager

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast