Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question About Changing Lines

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    It's probably not the right thing to do but when I am struggling I will try another ball or a new line. And when I say 'I am struggling' I mean me, not the ball or the lanes. Sometimes I just can't hit my mark or am tugging my shot so I just try something different and sometimes that sort of resets myself or something. It usually helps but likely more of a mental thing.
    This works for my wife too. I've got to the point I'll even suggest it to her. Myself if I'm throwing ball A bad I'm going to throw ball B bad. Her its like a switch flips wish it worked that way for me. DO what works.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Hitting your spot at the dots or the arrows is one of the carryovers from the 80's. The main concern today is where your ball is at the end of the pattern. You should notice where your ball is at the dots or arrows, but your true target is at the breakpoint.
    I think I'm doing that. I'm aiming for a spot at the arrows, but I'm watching how it breaks. If I hit my target and it does not break the way I want it to, then I make a move. I can see the motion of the ball, but I have trouble aiming at the breakpoint. In other words, I think I can see if my ball breaks at the right spot, but I can't see the spot before the ball gets there. Does that make sense?
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    This works for my wife too. I've got to the point I'll even suggest it to her. Myself if I'm throwing ball A bad I'm going to throw ball B bad. Her its like a switch flips wish it worked that way for me. DO what works.
    So I'm not the only weird one (no disrespect to Mrs. Amyers....lol)
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Bowler View Post
    I think I'm doing that. I'm aiming for a spot at the arrows, but I'm watching how it breaks. If I hit my target and it does not break the way I want it to, then I make a move. I can see the motion of the ball, but I have trouble aiming at the breakpoint. In other words, I think I can see if my ball breaks at the right spot, but I can't see the spot before the ball gets there. Does that make sense?
    Same!

I can see that it's a good shot as it's happening, about halfway down the lane, but I couldn't tell you for the life of me what board the "breakpoint" was on.

How do you spot a certain board on a curve??

The breakpoint is when it starts to curve, not some point during the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The breakpoint is when it starts to curve, not some point during the curve.
    I think that's why I'm having trouble targeting it right now. I can tell when the motion is right, but I can't tell you where it happens. I will start to focus on that more in practice. Especially when I get a new ball, which should give a much more defined break.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12