Thread: Crazy busy!

Chats: 0

Default Crazy busy!

Wow, last night was one of the craziest nights I've had to date working at the bowling center. I went in at 2pm and didn't get home until 1:30am. From 5pm until well after midnight I was slammed. Literally not 2 consecutive minutes where nobody was at the counter. I worked 2 leagues, the first one was just a steady flow for their duration, they bowled their games and went on their way. The 2nd league was the slowest league I've ever seen and they only bowl 2 games and they took 4 hours.

They were a thirsty league to say the least. I couldn't believe how many drinks they put away. The average bar tab was $65 per. I have to say it was a blast though. I worked the counter and bar alone so it was hectic but at the same time was great. I had nobody to trip over and keep bumping into and I was able to have a good system in place. I just floated back and forth from pouring drinks to the register. Setting up bar tabs was the key, I didn't have to wait for credit cards to run and mess around with receipts until the end. Just click the tab of the person, add the drinks and done. I can't say I ever poured 6 drinks at a time before.

Everything went perfect, I didn't screw anything up so it was a nice confidence boost. The best part was, working alone I didn't have to split my tips and I made enough last night to finally buy the new 4 ball roller I've been wanting. Yeah I only have 2 balls right now but the top bag comes off anyway so I can keep that one at home until I get more. I can finally put my old one in the landfill where it belongs! Now I get to go back in again @2pm, work 6 birthday parties, 2 more leagues plus the Furries come in and a live band. I'm alone for most of it tonight too so I'm expecting another good $ night if not better than last night. Wish me luck!
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Good luck!!
    Thank you. All worked out very well, very smooth night. The pinchaser I had stepped up his game and it made everything much easier. I made sure to reward him at the end of the night with a hefty share of my tips for a job well done.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)