2000 Grit LSS
    Asymmetric Core
    Layout 45 x 4-3/4 x 40

Bowler Specs:
    Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/4 Up
    Rev Rate 250. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
    Speed off hand 18

Review:
    The new Motiv Trident Abyss is definitely the most aggressive ball in the Motiv line. If you are worried about the new USBC rules cutting back on hook get this ball! The Abyss is simply a beast. The ones I have drilled so far for testing have no weight hole. We might as well get ahead of the new rules. I see asymmetric balls like the Abyss becoming more popular in the future due to the no weight hole rule. You will need to start the Trident Abyss in the oil or it may burn up too early due to the strong surface grab of this ball. I tested this ball alongside my Villain and even with my lower rev rate I was 6 boards left with my feet while rolling the Abyss. The way this ball handles oil and covers boards is very impressive. I will feel much more confident when I go to my next heavy oil tournament using this ball. I have a few stops in Arkansas coming up and I will have two of these with me for sure. When you trust a ball to come back it is easy to make a good shot. I have rolled this ball on a variety of conditions and if there is heavy oil you will not be disappointed. This is not a dry lane ball! The carry of the Abyss is very good considering it rolls so early. I have a lower rev rate and high ball speed and the shot we did the video on was a heavy oiled, modified house pattern. The Trident Abyss has an early continuous roll and very predictable back end. Motiv has a hit with this new cover. If you are looking for a heavy oil ball, or bowl on thick sport or PBA conditions the Trident Abyss is a must have. I will put the total hook of the Abyss up against any other ball currently available.

Summary:
    The Trident Abyss has the strongest Motiv cover ever with a turbulent asymmetric core for max hook.
    If you need a heavy oil ball you need an Abyss.
    The Abyss is early and continuous.
    If you are speed dominate or bowl on a flood this is your ball.

Glenn Wendel
    PBA Member
    Motiv Staff
    Turbo Staff
    www.motivbowlng.com
    Video link:
    https://youtu.be/LNEajyp8LGM

Thank you for this review, very informative as I have been thinking about buying one if these. Again thanks!!