Thread: It is time

Default It is time

I held out as long as I could. In fact, the only reason I did not break down before this week is that my insulin price doubled this month. But watching the TZone deflect on nice pocket shots was just too much for me last night. It is time for a new ball.

For those who don't know, I am getting back into bowling. I started from scratch this summer because my ex-wife got rid of my bowling equipment before we got divorced (there's a reason we got divorced). I started with a TZone because I just needed to get back into the swing of things. I knew I would eventually need a spare ball, so that was the most economical way to get things rolling.

Now that I'm 4 weeks into the fall league, it is time to get a more powerful ball. I talked with the PSO last week and I have it narrowed down to a Verdict Pearl, Paradox Pearl, Real One, Paradox Black, and a Winner. I will most likely go with a pearl because I want some length, especially on a lighter oil pattern. If I do decide to bowl in some tournaments that have a heavier oil pattern, I can always take my game outside. The Paradox Black is on my list, but I'd be surprised if I end up with that one now. I can get any of these 5 for $150 drilled, as of last week. I will need to pay for inserts and a thumb slug, but it seems like a good price for them.

I used to bowl with an Ebonite Tiger back in the late 90s and early 00s. I was good at adjusting my game to the lane conditions. I am just as comfortable playing deep inside as I am playing straight up the 5 board, and anywhere in between. One of my biggest concerns is repeating my shots, but that is true anywhere on the lane at this point.

Although I have a lot of work to do before I'm back to where I was before, I think I'm ready for a new ball. I can't wait till Tuesday!
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone

OK, it is not time. Due to an increase in medication costs, I will not be able to get a ball this month. Hopefully next month. Oh well, now I have time to work on my spares. I should be able to get 500s by the end of October.
    -Dave

In the bag: DynoThane Vendetta, PBS Planet Earth, Brunswick TZone