Thread: Interview of Ron Mohr... Got to watch this!

Default Interview of Ron Mohr... Got to watch this!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Thanks for posting this
    John

Chats: 204

Ron said a lot of things that I think are really important...things most of us have heard on this site before:

1) Don't adjust off of bad shots.
    2) How the pins fall is the least important part of analyzing the shot.
    3) If you want to be the best, ya have to put the work in.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Ron said a lot of things that I think are really important...things most of us have heard on this site before:

1) Don't adjust off of bad shots.
    2) How the pins fall is the least important part of analyzing the shot.
    3) If you want to be the best, ya have to put the work in.
    With regards to not adjusting off a bad shot, there is a big difference between a bad shot and one that's not perfect. No matter whether you're on a THS or a sport pattern you need to find a line that gives you the most room for error, because none of us are perfect. If you see a big difference off a small miss, you need to make a change.
    John

Ron had lots of good information in that video and likely the best is to work at what your goal is.
    Ron is dedicated to this sport and you can tell he loves it. It was nice to hear his words of wisdom and I hope I can remember some of them each time I show up at the lanes.
    At this point in my life I'm primarily in senior leagues. I've found that I'm pretty well blessed without many physical issues. Age has finally gotten me to slow my ball down some and I'm getting used to moving farther left on the lane than I've ever done. Of course, I've likely improved my release a little bit as I tend to have a few more turns on the ball than some of the younger guys I bowl with.
    Spent quite a bit of time attempting to learn about this game after finding myself retired and got some good coaching. Changing things quickly doesn't work very well. I've had to work at it to do what the coach wanted me to do and do it effectively and consistently. I guess I'll be doing that until I can't do it anymore... Good luck folks!

Thanks djp1080 for posting this. It is good to see that someone is still interested in learning from words of wisdom such as these from Ron. I in three years will be joining Ron in the PBA 60 events. I hope to achieve more in my 60's than i have in the past. For me it seems that my words of wisdom are not as well accepted by many, sure there are a few older bowlers who give me respect, and will listen to my coaching advice, but many younger bowlers think they already know it all and just roll there eye's...etc.

This is a very interesting video that will help those who are willing to listen.
    Last edited by TTREX; 11-02-2018 at 07:43 AM.