Thread: Revs question

Default Revs question

Hey guys, I just wanted to make a post out of general curiosity. Not that I'm desperate for more revs or anything, (although a few more could never hurt!) I just wanted to ask a question out of pure curiosity.

Basically, this is my question:

For any high-rev bowler, do these players NEED the uncoiling of the elbow at the bottom of the swing? Is it possible to maintain a high rev rate without the technique of the elbow?

Thanks!

Yes... No!

Chats: 256

Also, to learn the high rev style, it is SOOO much easier to do so early on when someone is learning to bowl. Much harder to change a style to high rev. Not to say it cannot be done, it is just very hard to change and be consistent with it.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 0

Maybe the thing you should go by is to just accept the number of revs you can get with your style of bowling. The question is do you really need high revs if you are not a pro bowler? I can get some good hooking action out of my reactive resin ball and I am not a high rev bowler. For example I can go after a 10 pin leave by using my reactive ball and throwing it straight down the line by about the 5 board and have it hook and pick up the 10 pin. I know everyone says to throw it straight at the 10 pin with a plastic ball. I have been doing this for years and am just used to it. I am left handed by the way.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.