Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do left handed bowlers really have a natural hook?

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Your giving those low pay lane men a lot of credit. My guess is most don't care or don't give a darn.
    Sadly you are correct, most don't give a darn. Then there are those who are simply too lazy to read the manual when there is a problem, and they don't care to fix the problem anyway. They just want to punch that clock and draw that check not caring about doing the job right or not. There was a time when lane men were proud of what they do, and proud that they were good at it. Now days no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Your giving those low pay lane men a lot of credit. My guess is most don't care or don't give a darn.
    Our bowling center owner said a few years before he passed away, I don't pay you, The bowler's pay me and i give you a portion of what they pay me. If you run off the bowlers then I don't get paid, and when i don't get paid then you don't get paid. You work for the bowler's, not just for me!! He only told me this because I fussed at an open bowler who unloaded a whole rack of balls into the lane before calling for a ball return. I was busy working on a pin setter replacing broken parts. If the bowler had called for a ball return after the 2nd ball did not come back then i would have never said anything. But....

I like the owners way of thinking, because according to your logic A low pay mechanic's/lane man should not care about how the lanes play, or about doing the job correctly, then the truth is that the low wage lane man/mechanic can become jobless. If the bowler's don't like how the lanes play because the lane man thinks he should not worry about doing his job because his pay wage is too low, then when the bowler's quit bowling, then the lane man/mechanic can go find another job. ....lol
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-05-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12