Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyramid Force Pearl Ballmotion video

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Pearl, Hybrid or Solid - it's all just marketing.

Roll a pearl or solid of the same ball at the same surface and laid out the same way and let me know the difference. I bet you can't tell that there is any difference at all.
    It's not just marketing...if the bowler is in the 96% of bowlers that don't have their own ball surfacing equipment nor frequent their pro shop for constant surfacing.

Like I said, it's an 'ideal' target. I've used Pearls and Hybrids as #1 balls when a solid would be 'ideal'...not a bigee...I have a ball spinner and all the necessary items to manipulate the surface as needed.

For the 96% of the bowlers that just get a ball out of a box, have it drilled, and throw it 150-450 times without ever doing anything to the surface...throwing a solid cover ball and expecting a "skid/flip" reaction is going to lead to disappointment.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    It's not just marketing...if the bowler is in the 96% of bowlers that don't have their own ball surfacing equipment nor frequent their pro shop for constant surfacing.

Like I said, it's an 'ideal' target. I've used Pearls and Hybrids as #1 balls when a solid would be 'ideal'...not a bigee...I have a ball spinner and all the necessary items to manipulate the surface as needed.

For the 96% of the bowlers that just get a ball out of a box, have it drilled, and throw it 150-450 times without ever doing anything to the surface...throwing a solid cover ball and expecting a "skid/flip" reaction is going to lead to disappointment.
    I think your underestimating the number of solid pearl finish balls that come onto the market. If they purchase a more surfaced ball wanting skid flip they maybe disappointed. That bowler who never resurfaces their equipment knows it's shiny and assumes it's a pearl never knowing that it is actually a solid or hybrid.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I think people are going to wonder why there's this massive, sudden interest in the Pyramid Force Pearl!!

Totally hijacked this thread for our internal nerd spec debate...which I swore never to have again because last time I asked about interest in learning more about specs...the consensus answer was...negative.

I can't believe you never used a Pyramid ball though...I coulda swore you had bought one before.
    I actually won a pyramid on here but I gave it to the wife never threw it myself but she didn't care for it. That's not a dig on pyramid though she likes stronger balls and the one I won was one of their entry level balls. Her normal starting ball is a Rotogrip Halo. She has more speed and less hand than I do.

Sorry about the hijack but probably more advertising than pyramid has had even here for a year lol

Current arsenal

Chats: 256

Even for the 96% that don't use surface adjustments, roll a pearl and a solid of same ball 150-450 time as you mention, at some point they will both get lane shine and both will be at about 5300-5500 grit surface and will roll the same.

Hammer is great at this marketing as they release a solid and pearl of same ball at the same time. Statement is a perfect example. Literally the only difference between the two is the initial surface prep.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Even for the 96% that don't use surface adjustments, roll a pearl and a solid of same ball 150-450 time as you mention, at some point they will both get lane shine and both will be at about 5300-5500 grit surface and will roll the same.
    True...I can't argue with that.

Hammer is great at this marketing as they release a solid and pearl of same ball at the same time. Statement is a perfect example. Literally the only difference between the two is the initial surface prep.
    Also true...but to be fair...EVERY company releases pearls, hybrids, and solids.

I guess the person has to understand what is meant by an "ideal". For example, if I say the ideal race car would be red...because red is more aerodynamic (I'm using a silly example)...and would also have X HP, nitro, turbo, X tires, X downdraft, X transmission....does that mean a car that meets all those specs...but is brown...is a "bad" option? No. It doesn't even mean a car with no nitro is a bad race car. It simply states that if you have ALL of these criteria...you are highly likely to have a good option.

You 'may' be able to tell me you have a good skid/flip option that doesn't meet 2-3 of those criteria...but I can't imagine you could find one that doesn't meet ANY of those criteria...NOR could you find a bad skid/flip call that meets those criteria. Thats the purpose of the criteria...a guide to help select an option that is MOST likely to fit in that slot.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

True...I can't argue with that.

You 'may' be able to tell me you have a good skid/flip option that doesn't meet 2-3 of those criteria...but I can't imagine you could find one that doesn't meet ANY of those criteria...NOR could you find a bad skid/flip call that meets those criteria. Thats the purpose of the criteria...a guide to help select an option that is MOST likely to fit in that slot.
    Just wait until you throw the Brunswick Exile you'll most likely change your tune about balls that fit your criteria that don't hit your definition of skid/flip lol

Current arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Just wait until you throw the Brunswick Exile you'll most likely change your tune about balls that fit your criteria that don't hit your definition of skid/flip lol
    Listen...the Ebonite Warning Sign probably has gotten the least positive press...is the least known ball ever...and I had tremendously low expectations for it. Ya know what...it hasn't been that bad of a ball. Nobody liked the Ebonite Innovate...I thought it was pretty good. People said the Reax Pearl was a complete mistake and Radical screwed up..yet...one of the best balls I've ever thrown. The Rotogrip Defiant Edge? Probably the most highly regarded ball I've ever thrown....GARBAGE...I had to give it away.

I'm starting to realize that whether a ball "works" is kinda dependent on how it matches your game. Rob didn't like the Melee Jab and gave it to me. I LOVED it!! You liked the Asylum...I HATED it with a passion.

I'm not saying Rotogrip is garbage...they are obviously a very popular and successful brand...and I'd give them another try in a heartbeat...but so far I'm 0 for 2 with Rotogrip...and almost can't miss with Brunswick, Hammer, and Ebonite. Jury is still out on Storm, 900Global, Columbia300. Never thrown Motiv...probably won't unless someone gives me one. Haven't thrown Pyramid, Lane #1, Lane Masters, or Track yet. I mean, I've thrown the 300A a little...but that's not a fair sample.

I think the next arsenal is going to be my best ever. And, if the Exile is a problem...I now have a really cool, new FORCE PEARL to plug into the spot!!

The Exile hasn't gotten good press...but we're gonna put it to the test REAL SOON...and if it is the first Brunswick ball to fail me...Force Pearl it is!!

Listen...the Ebonite Warning Sign probably has gotten the least positive press...is the least known ball ever...and I had tremendously low expectations for it. Ya know what...it hasn't been that bad of a ball. Nobody liked the Ebonite Innovate...I thought it was pretty good. People said the Reax Pearl was a complete mistake and Radical screwed up..yet...one of the best balls I've ever thrown. The Rotogrip Defiant Edge? Probably the most highly regarded ball I've ever thrown....GARBAGE...I had to give it away.

I'm starting to realize that whether a ball "works" is kinda dependent on how it matches your game. Rob didn't like the Melee Jab and gave it to me. I LOVED it!! You liked the Asylum...I HATED it with a passion.

I'm not saying Rotogrip is garbage...they are obviously a very popular and successful brand...and I'd give them another try in a heartbeat...but so far I'm 0 for 2 with Rotogrip...and almost can't miss with Brunswick, Hammer, and Ebonite. Jury is still out on Storm, 900Global, Columbia300. Never thrown Motiv...probably won't unless someone gives me one. Haven't thrown Pyramid, Lane #1, Lane Masters, or Track yet. I mean, I've thrown the 300A a little...but that's not a fair sample.

I think the next arsenal is going to be my best ever. And, if the Exile is a problem...I now have a really cool, new FORCE PEARL to plug into the spot!!

The Exile hasn't gotten good press...but we're gonna put it to the test REAL SOON...and if it is the first Brunswick ball to fail me...Force Pearl it is!!
    Oh I'm a Brunswick fan most of my lineups have had multiple Brunswick balls in them. I have multiple friends who are Brunswick staffers. Exile isn't a bad ball really but from what my friends tell me it's more of a 4-6 game ball than a strong pearl to use earlier in the set.

Current arsenal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12