Description: The Villain Scorn is the second Villain produced, but the first to have a pearl cover stock (Hexion SE Reactive) which is the same cover stock used on the Rogue Blade. The box finish is 5000 Grit LSP (Laser Scan Polished). It uses the same Sinister Core as the original, with an RG of 2.54 and a .051 differential.

Reaction: The Villain Scorn fits in the performance level just below a high-level asymmetrical ball. With the lower differential for an asymmetrical ball combined with a stronger pearl cover stock this ball has just become about as angular as I have ever seen for an asymmetrical piece. I think it will also be very versatile because the ball seems to be a one you can throw start to finish, not a lot of balls fit into that category.

Comparisons: The original Villain is much rounder than the Villain Scorn. I don’t see them as balls that will really play off each other but rather an either-or type of situation. For instance, I have been recently throwing the original Villain a lot lately, but there are instances where I want to stay in the same zone but could use something faster down lane, this is where I would instead throw a Villain Scorn. I don’t see me throwing a Villain Scorn once the Villain starts to hook too soon or too much, if I do it will require me to get a little deeper on the pattern because of how strong the Villain Scorn is down lane. Compared to the Rogue Blade the Villain Scorn pushed me deeper on the pattern as it’s a good 3+ boards stronger and is noticeably quicker down lane.

Summary: I think the Villain Scorn is an important piece for a lot of bowlers. Everyone has their hook monsters for heavy oil and their benchmark balls, but I really feel this ball will bridge the gap between those two types of balls!

Mike Magolan
MOTIV | Turbo | Brotherhood Sport Apparel | BowlerX, Staff Member