Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You might be a sandbagger if

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Being old I don't remember where the post was, but there was one where it told of the USBC rerating leagues and houses that put down shots that could be considered average killers. There were 5-600 leagues that were rerated as sport or PBA leagues. Did any of the league you complained about in your town get rerated? Sounds like they would get a big advantage in tournaments like the USBC tournament.
    Unless you are bowling in specific tournaments, like the USBC open tournament, this may not be common knowledge. When we went this year had three of our teammates get re-rated (two from high 220s to low 240s, and one from high 210s to low 230s) and they didn't know this until we checked in. Granted it didn't matter since we were already in the top division, but I know they bowl in local association tournaments and I don't think it changed for those.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

https://members.bowl.com/News/NewsDe...id=23622330612
    Here is the article I was referring to. Might help TTREX with his local problems.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Actually to be technical, Freedom of Speech is in the 1st Amendment (the first 10 amendments make up the Bill of Rights). The Bill of Rights only protects us from the government so in a private setting such as this, freedom of speech does not apply

ok, now back to bowling...we have a guy in our league that throws a perfectly straight ball at about 20 MPH. He runs to the line and lets it rip. No hook at all. And he has a spare ball that he uses for spares...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Being old I don't remember where the post was, but there was one where it told of the USBC rerating leagues and houses that put down shots that could be considered average killers. There were 5-600 leagues that were rerated as sport or PBA leagues. Did any of the league you complained about in your town get rerated? Sounds like they would get a big advantage in tournaments like the USBC tournament.
    I will respond to you as you are being respectful and decent and i appreciate that. You seem to have honor and integrity. As far as I know none got rerated. Yes they do have an advantage and it is not fair for any of you who bowl in those events every year. I bowled a couple of events and bowled to my ability, i gave it my all, i done my best, but the ones who win seem to mysteriously bowl 100+ pins over their average.

Another person above your post said i'm just here to troll. I came here and right off the bat got attacked for telling the truth about some things that go on here. Right from the start i got nailed as being a liar which i am not, and i don't appreciate being called one.

But as for you fordman1, yes sir they have an advantage and that is why i don't bowl in handicap tournaments as i see what is going on. The big dog here as i will call him, tried to get me to join them in their sandbagging scam. I turned in my notice and quit and never looked back. It is wrong and i will not be a part of it.
    Last edited by TTREX; 11-05-2018 at 03:44 PM.

https://members.bowl.com/News/NewsDe...id=23622330612
    Here is the article I was referring to. Might help TTREX with his local problems.
    Thanks fordman1 for that info, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    ok, now back to bowling...we have a guy in our league that throws a perfectly straight ball at about 20 MPH. He runs to the line and lets it rip. No hook at all. And he has a spare ball that he uses for spares...lol
    Now that's funny right there

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

@TTREX will definitely agree with you about many of the handicap tournaments being a little skewed at times (basically as I have seen with any ABT event you get matched up on a sport shot with either those who intentionally lower their average in league to gain an advantage in these events or those who throw in a manner that takes the lane out of the game).

Just to be clear, wasn't saying you were only here to troll. Was just saying that with some of the feedback about comments it was starting to seem that way - I really don't have any problem with you, if we want to keep talking about that stuff above just direct message me so others don't have to see it all.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post
    @TTREX will definitely agree with you about many of the handicap tournaments being a little skewed at times (basically as I have seen with any ABT event you get matched up on a sport shot with either those who intentionally lower their average in league to gain an advantage in these events or those who throw in a manner that takes the lane out of the game).

Just to be clear, wasn't saying you were only here to troll. Was just saying that with some of the feedback about comments it was starting to seem that way - I really don't have any problem with you, if we want to keep talking about that stuff above just direct message me so others don't have to see it all.
    I appreciate that AlazySavage, sent you a friend request if that is alright. Thanks for clearing that up. ..I will stop talking about this stuff in public, you have a great idea. Thanks again.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by TTREX View Post
    I don't post to run up post count, I am not here to win a bowling ball! The site seems to be run by communist who do not believe in freedom of speech, who thinks we only come here to win a bowling ball, who is against bowlers who think differently than they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by TTREX View Post
    okay Mr control freak, what kind of post do you expect? Are we supposed to be like granny or paw paw, and come here once a week, and talk about how much our rocking chair is cracking?

You don't seem to like anything I post be it technical or comedy. Serious or not so serious. So since you are the posting God and know it all then teach us how to post, teach us how to properly post your way as your way seems to be the only way.

I guess we should just come once a month, week, year?? Since you are so afraid someone might win a bowling ball which I do not want to win a bowling ball, I am not here to win a bowling ball and never have expected to.

So teach us Mr Post master, how shall we post??

This is a forum where people start threads, and others make comments, but you seem to have a problem with that....Flooding you call it. No wonder the site is not as busy as it should be. I guess we should leave it alone and let it be boring so you can be happy. Well that's fine if that is what you want, you can have it as i would rather interact with people who are serious about bowling rather than being control freaks trying to stop people from having interaction and learning something from each other.

BTW...This post was meant to be funny, a place for people to post what they think a sandbagger is. That is all, nothing more, thanks for ruining it.
    TTrex I'm not a communist who doesn't believe in freedom of speech or a Control freak, But I am the moderator on this site. I try to keep thing's on topic and organized and open warfare from breaking out between users.

Also I and no one else here is trying to stop people from having interaction and learning something from each other. That why posts should be relevant, concise and clearly written and th subject title should correctly describe what the post is about.

Your free to post almost anything you want. If you want to post a top 20 (or a top 100) list of bowling gripes or what flowers you like that's fine by me. But you don't make each individual one a separate post and posting them one right after another every 3 minutes like you did this one (That's flooding and has been done before by people just coming on to try to win a ball by running up a fast post count. So it's discouraged.)

Also I did't change your posts, Everything you wrote is there I just consolidated a couple of them into one post. In a few cases just I've moved your posts to a more appropriate forum but they are still what you posted.

You say I'm against bowlers who think differently than I do and I don't like anything you post, That's not true. I've only commented on a few of your posts and Just because I or anyone else have a differing opinion or view about something you said or question it, doesn't mean I or they are against you or bullying you or trying to start a fight.

Did you expect to come on a internet forum and have everyone just agree with everything you say or not question any of it? If so I can tell you right now that's never going happen.

I suggest reading "How to Write a Good Forum Post" and the forum rules about posting, They may help.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...ood-Forum-Post

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...Rules-and-Info

Also just to note: sending me (or anyone else) PM's with profanity in them will get you kicked off the board.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-05-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I once bowled with a guy who played video games on his phone between shots, damn if I knew he was sandbagging ......

I guess his average could have been better after all he only was averaging 255 at the time.

I once watched him do a TV interview in between the 9th and 10th frame of a league game and then knock down the last 3 strikes for another 300 game

damn sandbagger

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast