Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheating on my PSO

Default Cheating on my PSO

Well, after a year, I might be breaking up with my PSO. I decided to check out another shop and the service I got there was amazing. The owner really took the time to work on my fit (even while doing a brisk business). I went in to buy a ball but, instead he saw that my fit could be much better and asked if I would allow him to plug up one of my balls and re-drill it for me. Let me just say, the difference feels like night and day. I'm going to test it out tomorrow but, if it works out, I'll be switching to a new PSO.

keep us informed. I been thinking about buying my own setup as i am so picky, and no one seems to understand that i need that perfect fit. I can do it myself as i have been trained, i just need to buy my own drill press and tools.

It is a sad fact of bowling life that many, many PSO's are totally unqualified to do their jobs, don't care about their jobs, or are just doing their jobs until something better comes along. Others are just in it for the money, shamelessly promoting balls that are just wrong for you because they make more money on them, and come to work in the morning just killing time until they can get home at night. When you find a good one, it's like money in the bank for you. Good PSO's care about their customers, make ball recommendations based on what will work for the bowler, and keep abreast of the latest information from the ball companies and pro shop technology. If you you find one, give him/her your business, stay loyal, and recommend him/her to your friends so everyone wins.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    It is a sad fact of bowling life that many, many PSO's are totally unqualified to do their jobs, don't care about their jobs, or are just doing their jobs until something better comes along.
    Amen to that Rob we've had a few come thru the centers doors that
    had no clue how to do even start laying out a ball much less getting
    the span correct for a good fit.

It's suffice to say they didn't hang around the center too awful long
    so the owner at that time had a good PSO friend of his come in and
    train me how to do the work but since several new owners have come
    and gone and they usually don't stay around that long for me to think
    about going to work for them I've just decided to not even give it a go
    again except for just doing my own equipment.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Update: The fit is MUCH better. I felt much more in control and didn't feel like I had to "baby" the ball in my hand. I took another ball in to be re-done and ordered a new one, also. I have a couple more balls after this to be re-done but, these should get me through the next couple weeks of league. I am definitely looking forward to this change.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

A good PSO is worth its weight in gold. Which is why I live in NJ but drive 90 minutes if there no traffic to Connecticut to get all my stuff done.

High Roller

I have had 3 balls drilled by my PSO and 2 feel great, the 3rd feels good. The thing that I don't like is he had never checked my stats or watched me throw (other than when we bowl against him in league). We have about 7 or 8 +220 average bowlers in our league (including him) and he drills all of their stuff so must know what he is doing. I have seen him use the 'turtle' to check the center owners PAP so guessing he knows how to do it.

If I knew of a good PSO locally that would check this then I would probably buy my next ball there and let them figure it all out. I don't know enough to go in and tell a PSO I need 50x3x30 or whatever...lol. The only stats I 'know' is what the lanes tell me my ball speed is at the pins (shows about 17.5MPH) and I generically calculated my revs with tape on the ball and guessing around 275-300RPM.

I am a technical person by nature so would love to know this stuff. My son raced karts for years and I dove in and learned everything about kart setup I could. I also daytrade stocks and have spent 5 years learning the technical aspects of charting. I also work in IT so I'm a very technical person...lol. Just my curiosity that drives my desire to know this stuff.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    I have had 3 balls drilled by my PSO and 2 feel great, the 3rd feels good. The thing that I don't like is he had never checked my stats or watched me throw (other than when we bowl against him in league). We have about 7 or 8 +220 average bowlers in our league (including him) and he drills all of their stuff so must know what he is doing. I have seen him use the 'turtle' to check the center owners PAP so guessing he knows how to do it.

If I knew of a good PSO locally that would check this then I would probably buy my next ball there and let them figure it all out. I don't know enough to go in and tell a PSO I need 50x3x30 or whatever...lol. The only stats I 'know' is what the lanes tell me my ball speed is at the pins (shows about 17.5MPH) and I generically calculated my revs with tape on the ball and guessing around 275-300RPM.

I am a technical person by nature so would love to know this stuff. My son raced karts for years and I dove in and learned everything about kart setup I could. I also daytrade stocks and have spent 5 years learning the technical aspects of charting. I also work in IT so I'm a very technical person...lol. Just my curiosity that drives my desire to know this stuff.
    Felix at Ramflex is top notch. Tell him I sent ya. Come down for a sport shot tourney (every other Friday)

"The thing that I don't like is he had never checked my stats or watched me throw (other than when we bowl against him in league). "

My guess is that he knows more about how you throw the ball than you think from observing you in league action, I've bowled with several different PSO
    and found that they were quite observant of all the bowlers in the league. Personally I would be pretty sure he knows far more from seeing you in league play
    than any other PSO would know from watching you throw a few balls one time.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    Felix at Ramflex is top notch. Tell him I sent ya. Come down for a sport shot tourney (every other Friday)
    Sounds like a cool tourney. Checked Google maps and it's about 1 hour from here. Maybe one of these days....lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast