Thread: Ordering a Ball Online for Two-hander - Does drilling matter?

Default Ordering a Ball Online for Two-hander - Does drilling matter?

Hello All,

I live on an extremely remote island in the South pacific which happens to have a bowling alley, but definitely does not sell equipment. I'm a two handed bowler, and am in need of a less reactive ball and my only option is to order online.

My question is if I ordered from bowlingball.com, and I simply chose the Medium right hand drilling option, would it really matter since I'm only using two fingers? I use my friends plastic spare ball and don't seem to have any issues.

I appreciate any responses.

-R

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Even as a two hander you will still have a PAP, axis tilt and rotation so a layout drilled specifically for your stats would help you but it sounds like this will be your first bowling ball so I would say just go with the generic drilling since you won't have any of your stats anyway.

I used the triangle pattern to learn with, multiple balls in one. Let me figure out which pin position I am most effective with. The pattern is going illegal in 8/20 but until then it helped me understand a lot about cores and adjustments made without paying to redrill or buy another ball. Just have a hole filled by then, or you will probably upgrade by then. I roll no thumb and two handed.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

If it’s your first ball just get a label drilling until you get a more consistent release/ PAP. Also if you don’t use your thumb I’d assume they can drill the ball without it. (Not sure if it’s an option in their site)

Buy a urethane ball i recommend the pitch black by storm

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

When I switched to two hands, I just used my previous drilling. This was before the rules change about the center of the grip. It worked just fine for me even though my ball rotation was much different. Since it worked for me, I chose to stick with it.

I believe in the trial and error method, especially since I usually get old bowling balls from second hand stores.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank