Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Six Unbelievable Ways to Raise Your Average

Yes, the right fielder usually wasn't the best. Fortunately I bat left-handed even though I threw right. Maybe that's why my batting average was better than most. Played 2nd base much of the time, but liked 3rd base, too. The final year I played I was on a position I wanted to play from the beginning and that was 1st base. My throwing abilities were marginal at best, but then I tried pitching slow pitch. I was one of the few who would get a few strike outs each game I was in there. I had the nasty habit of tossing high arc balls which would drop like a rock right on the plate.
    Broke my ankle sliding into third base one of the last games of the season. Suffered from that for quite a while.
    Enjoyed playing the game but fast pitch was tons more fun for me. Thanks again for the story...

Ringer
    Chats: 0

very very interesting post. having much to learn I can see how each of these items can help. #2 really strikes a chord with me. I think about all of the times i have been unhappy with my throw and turned my back, ignoring what was actually happening on the lane. and forget about even watching what is happening to others. I started get a lot of info about what was going on when I started paying attention to what the ball was doing rather than turning away in disgust.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

That's what I'm talking 'bout!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234