5000 Grit LSP
Asymmetric Sinister Core
Layout 55 x 5 x 40

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/4 Up
Rev Rate 250. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
I was very happy to see another Villain released by Motiv. With the new coming balance hole rules I think I will be leaning on Asymmetric balls more and more. Motiv has put a Hexion Pearl cover on a Sinister core and finished it to 5000. The goal was to create a ball with easy length and flip on medium to heavy patterns. The look of the ball in person is much better than pictures I have seen on line. Just like the last Villain we have seen many layouts used with great success. The Villain Scorn was surprisingly clean through the front part of the lane but when it came off the pattern it married very well to the friction. I did not see a sideways move as predicted but rather a strong drive off the spot. For me this motion is better because it is more forgiving and predictable. The Villain Scorn will be replacing my Quest in the bag because I feel it gives me better carry and versatility. It is kind of hard to say where this ball fits because it has a different shape than my other balls. I would have to put it between the Rogue Blade and Original Villain. So far this ball has worked great in one of the centers where they put down a thicker house shot. The Villain Scorn can easily be scuffed to create an earlier read of the lane. For a Pearl, the Scorn is very versatile on different patterns. The Villain Scorn’s carry is very good, probably due to the entry angle it creates. Light hits seem to splash around and fall quickly. I think Motiv has added a nice Asymmetric piece to the Villain line. As long as I can find a bit of friction I will see what this ball can do.

Summary:
The Villain Scorn adds a nice new shape to the Motiv line.
This ball is smooth through the front with strong backend.
The look, name and colors get the Scorn a lot of attention.
If you liked the Quest I believe the Scorn is a nice upgrade.
This ball is also a compliment to the original Villain.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff
www.motivbowlng.com