Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pins

Chats: 55

Default New pins

Would it be fair for the alley to replace the pins on 2 pair of lanes but not the other 3 pair for a 10 team league. Is the anything in usbc that would address this?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Would it be fair for the alley to replace the pins on 2 pair of lanes but not the other 3 pair for a 10 team league. Is the anything in usbc that would address this?

A similar question was asked to the usbc about oil conditions, during a league one end of the house had a different condition than the other and a player wanted to know if that was fair.

They basically said Since Your team and your opponent (the other team) are playing on the same pair, It would be fair. Because your both competing on the same conditions, with the same pins etc.

What the conditions are on the other lanes didn't matter.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-19-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

That is total BS My league would revolt. It happened to me years ago. We were on 1 & 2 Which still had a sport shot the other 11 pairs had a fresh house shot. No one told us until we complained. After plopping down 30 or 40 dollars for pots. The USBC things everyone bowls for fun.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    That is total BS My league would revolt. It happened to me years ago. We were on 1 & 2 Which still had a sport shot the other 11 pairs had a fresh house shot. No one told us until we complained. After plopping down 30 or 40 dollars for pots. The USBC things everyone bowls for fun.
    Well it might not be fair for pots and brackets, But the USBC doesn't run the pots or brackets in the leagues.

Whoever was running the pots and brackets should have made sure the conditions were the same. It was their fault not the USBC's.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    A similar question was asked to the usbc about oil conditions, during a league one end of the house had a different condition than the other and a player wanted to know if that was fair.

They basically said Since Your team and your opponent (the other team) are playing on the same pair, It would be fair. Because your both competing on the same conditions, with the same pins etc.

What the conditions are on the other lanes didn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    This is why I generally do not get in brackets or pots. Even if all the lanes have been freshly oiled by a machine that’s working properly, that doesn’t mean they will all play the same. Every center has at least one lane that is noted for being harder to score well on, or one that’s easier get strikes on. If I’m on a pair with the bad lane my middle name just became Donor.
    John

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Somewhat similar situation, the scratch league i used to bowl was a 2nd shift league. The first league of the night only took up half the house so depending on where you bowled you either got the burn from the first league, fresh, or fresh with some open play games on it. Had to keep up with which lanes to determine which balls to bring and made it a nightmare for the brackets and pots.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

How about if the guy that runs the oil machine also plays in my league, and randomly changes the pattern for the entire house when he loses?

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Jax we told the owner of the house we wanted the lanes reoiled for our 8 PM league or we were gone. It was a full house, 5 man 24 team league on a Friday night.
    The place was packed from 7 PM until 1 in the morning. He move our start time from 7:30 to 8 and smiled all the way to the bank.

My other reference was to another house and their machine broke down and they just decided it wasn't a big deal and didn't say anything.

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Well it might not be fair for pots and brackets, But the USBC doesn't run the pots or brackets in the leagues.

Whoever was running the pots and brackets should have made sure the conditions were the same. It was their fault not the USBC's.
    How is a center just in doing so if it is a handicap league? If the team that wins on the sport shot lane conditions or new pins has a terrible game but still wins it can affect the handicap of the winner and losers on those lanes.
    Rolling: Storm Snap Lock, Track Kinetic Emerald, Columbia 300 Freeze, and Pyramid Path Spare

Having read the posts on this thread, I think it would be a good idea to create a Modern League Bowler's Credo and send it to the USBC for consideration. I think it should go something like this:

I, as a modern league bowler believe that:

1. I deserve fresh oil every time I bowl.
    2. I deserve to have every lane be identical to every other lane.
    3. I deserve to have the exact same lane condition every week.
    4. I deserve to have a lane condition that allows me to strike when I miss by at least three boards.
    5. I deserve to win every pot or bracket that I decide to enter.
    6. I deserve to use a bowling ball that hooks all by itself.
    7. I deserve to average at least 30 pins higher than the level of my true ability.

What's happened to us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast