Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New ball to replace the Lock

  1. #1

    Default New ball to replace the Lock

    The lock is the second ball Iíve ever owned , I had a taboo before that. Loved the Lock but it got chewed up really really bad in the ball return and sounds like it wonít be repairable

    Can anyone make a recommendation for a similar ball? Are there any really hot balls right now ?

    I throw high revs and probably medium high speed ; my average bounces around 200 depending on which league and lane conditions. The lock snaps pretty hard at the end while the taboo rolls a little more

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grouperdawg View Post
    The lock is the second ball Iíve ever owned , I had a taboo before that. Loved the Lock but it got chewed up really really bad in the ball return and sounds like it wonít be repairable

    Can anyone make a recommendation for a similar ball? Are there any really hot balls right now ?

    I throw high revs and probably medium high speed ; my average bounces around 200 depending on which league and lane conditions. The lock snaps pretty hard at the end while the taboo rolls a little more
    I should add I think itís just called the lock, itís kinda brown and creme colored

  3. #3

    Default

    Take a look a the Storm Physix. It has similar numbers in the asymmetric core and a hybrid cover like the Lock. Also, it's not surprising the the Lock was snappier than the Taboo. Storm cover materials are noted for their hockey stick shaped ball reaction while Hammer covers are rollier.

  4. #4
    Pin Crusher Blacksox1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,461
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Take a look a the Storm Physix. It has similar numbers in the asymmetric core and a hybrid cover like the Lock. Also, it's not surprising the the Lock was snappier than the Taboo. Storm cover materials are noted for their hockey stick shaped ball reaction while Hammer covers are rollier.
    I agree with Rob. Maybe consider the Storm Intense Fire too.
    • Roto Grip Hot Cell, Haywire, Hyper Cell, Cell Pearl.Storm Street Fight,Storm Drive.
    • Visionary Raven,Warlock XV,Mixed Breed.Hammer Pearl Urethane.Track Paradox Trilogy.
    • 2017/2018, Hi Average 219, Hi game 300, Hi series 734.
    • 2018/2019, Hi Average 217, Hi game 280, Hi series 731.
    • Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    I agree with Rob. Maybe consider the Storm Intense Fire too.
    Ok cool thx; I saw the physix on their website; Iíll look at the fire too . What is the code red like ?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Portland,Or.
    Posts
    19
    Chats: 0

    Default

    that Sure lock and Physix both look good, seen them on tour. Code X might be a good one. I still use my Storm Super Charge, Core power LRG.

  7. #7
    High Roller
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,869
    Chats: 13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grouperdawg View Post
    Ok cool thx; I saw the physix on their website; Iíll look at the fire too . What is the code red like ?
    I donít think Iíve seen a Code Red in person. When Iíve seen pros throw a Code Red on TV they havenít done very well.
    John

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Portland,Or.
    Posts
    19
    Chats: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I donít think Iíve seen a Code Red in person. When Iíve seen pros throw a Code Red on TV they havenít done very well.
    It depends on bowler and what the lanes will give you for carry. The high speed bowlers have hard time like slower speed bowlers, LOL. If you just do THS bowling then with enough practice you can use many kinds of balls.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •