Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storm Ball for heavier Oil currently Tropical Breeze, Hy-Road, and Hammer Assassin

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

You can go to bowlingball.com
    Roto Grip Halo is...………………..233.40
    Pyramic Force...…………………….231.90
    Motiv Trident Abyss...…………..235.50.
    DV8 Pitbull Bark...………………..232.20
    Storm Sure Lock...……………….235.60
    Perfect Scale ratings. All the above balls are matted. The PSO would be able to tell you more and what would work best for you. Remember they aren't all going to sell you the best ball some will sell you the one with the best profit margin.

The following are asymmetric balls:
    Roto Grip Halo is...………………..233.40
    Motiv Trident Abyss...…………..235.50.
    DV8 Pitbull Bark...………………..232.20
    Storm Sure Lock...……………….235.60

Not sure about the Force ball. He indicated that he didn't want to go with other than a symmetrical ball.
    Hammer has the Web Tour Edition and Ebonite has at least one that's symmetrical. Roto Grip has their Idol.
    Since the IQ Tour has been around longer than most balls like the Hy-Road, it's shape will match up pretty well with what he's been using.
    I personally have the IQ Tour 30 pearl ball and the IQ Tour Nano solid. Both rev up nicely with the low RG and make their turn even with the low differential. Pretty controllable. The R2S solid coverstock on the IQ Tour Edition ball grabs the lane well even under heavy conditions. Very good ratings from Bowling This Month for Oily and Medium. This ball will probably be for sale for several years to come. It's a classic!

All-
    Thanks. I appreciate you all taking the time to share your experience.

I am leaning to the Code X but considering the Sure Lock. I have been throwing the 16 pounders about 14MPH. Also thinking of dropping back to 15 pound.

Thanks again. Sand did contribute $150 of recent Strike Ball money to the cause ; )

Mike

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by zzr7ky View Post
    All-
    Thanks. I appreciate you all taking the time to share your experience.

I am leaning to the Code X but considering the Sure Lock. I have been throwing the 16 pounders about 14MPH. Also thinking of dropping back to 15 pound.

Thanks again. Sand did contribute $150 of recent Strike Ball money to the cause ; )

Mike
    FWIW not many use the 16lb ball anymore. I was surprised by that but 15lb is the common ball now.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Thanks fellas. Ordered my IQ Tour today. I’ll post results next week.

Good luck with the IQ !
    I have 2 different IQ balls and a Hy-road, and then some, they are all useful at different times and different centers.
    Keep the HY Road around for other centers and or when you bowl a team with all high rev bowlers and they pick up or push out the oil and you need
    something with less movement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12