Thread: Been out for over a year, and have a question

Chats: 1

Default Been out for over a year, and have a question

Hey all,

I've been out of bowling for over a year due to a motorcycle accident. I remember reading something prior to my accident about balance holes becoming illegal. Can someone give me the cliffs notes version of what if anything I will need to do as a RH bowler (one handed) with 4 balls that 3 currently have weight holes?

Thanks,

Rob
    Rolling: Storm Snap Lock, Track Kinetic Emerald, Columbia 300 Freeze, and Pyramid Path Spare

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    Hey all,

I've been out of bowling for over a year due to a motorcycle accident. I remember reading something prior to my accident about balance holes becoming illegal. Can someone give me the cliffs notes version of what if anything I will need to do as a RH bowler (one handed) with 4 balls that 3 currently have weight holes?

Thanks,

Rob

Here's the FAQ's on the new rule changes this will tell you:

http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....018BTS-FAQ.pdf

excerpt:
    What is the new static weight rule exactly?

Starting Aug. 1, 2018, bowling balls without a balance hole weighing more than 10 pounds will be allowed to have up to three ounces of static side, thumb or finger weight and up to three ounces of top or bottom weight.

Bowlers still can have a bowling ball with a balance hole until Aug. 1, 2020, but any balls with a balance hole must stay within the current static weight specification of one ounce for finger, thumb or side weight, and three ounces for top or bottom weight

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker