Thread: Replacement for eraser pbt original

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default Replacement for eraser pbt original

My old eraser is 16 lbs. could use a 15 pounder what would be s equal replacement.
    Last edited by fordman1; 12-20-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    My old eraser is 16 could use a 15 what would be s equal replacement.
    The Eraser PBT was released 18 years ago. Being that cover materials have become much stronger since then, I'm thinking that a slightly less aggressive core on a current release should balance out today's stronger cover materials. The HyRoad X comes to mind.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The Eraser PBT was released 18 years ago. Being that cover materials have become much stronger since then, I'm thinking that a slightly less aggressive core on a current release should balance out today's stronger cover materials. The HyRoad X comes to mind.
    Hard to imagine any ball lasting for 18 years today. I can't imagine that the Hyroad X won't be considerably stronger after all these years. It would have a skid flip motion as the Eraser was supposed to. It's really hard to judge that was along time before I came back to bowling and it's hard to say what its got left over the last few years
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Pin Crusher

Rob the serial number says it was from 2001. I edited my post because I left out a couple of details. Mainly the weight. The ball still works good, still has snap but isn't stupid strong hook wise. Goes long but hits nice.

How exactly can you tell if a ball has a strong weight block? Thanks for the reply.

Pin Crusher

Here is what I found it has a modified Thunder Road block with Power Ball Technology. It is a Accu-tread pearl reactive.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    How exactly can you tell if a ball has a strong weight block? Thanks for the reply.
    The Eraser has an RG of 2.54 while the Hyroad core's is 2.57. This means that, in terms of the core, the Eraser should roll a little sooner. The Eraser has a differential of .050, while the Hyroad differential is .047. This means that the Eraser's core will tend to flare a little bit more. Overall, however, I think that you will find the HyRoad X to be a much stronger ball because of the age of the Eraser and the chemical composition of the cover material.

Pin Crusher

I have been doing a little reading and networking and I think I have narrowed it down to the
    match up pearl or the
    match up black pearl.

Pin Crusher

PSO and team mate both said to get the Roto Grip Hustle HYB hybred. I will still be using the eraser, great ball.