Thread: Cheating on my PSO, Part 2: I think it's officially over

Default Cheating on my PSO, Part 2: I think it's officially over

Recently, I took a about a nickel-sized chip out of my Hyper Cell Fused, at the thumb hole (I suspect it happened at the ball return at league but, I didn't catch it in time). My new PSO was reluctant to look at it so, I took it back to my old PSO, just to see if he could fix it. Well, he did...sort of. I mean he filled in the missing chunk but, resurfaced the ball to the point where the logos are almost gone and a portion of the serial number is almost unreadable.

This is the second time he's taken enough surface off a ball to kill the logos.

I might be being a little unfair with this one but, I think that he and I are done.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

You could say that you are maybe being unfair, but I would actually disagree... that is a significant amount of resurfacing and quite unnecessary.

My other question is why was the first PSO reluctant to look at it? Sounds like you may be done with multiple.
    Last edited by ALazySavage; 12-21-2018 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Added second comment
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Quote Originally Posted by ALazySavage View Post

My other question is why was the first PSO reluctant to look at it? Sounds like you may be done with multiple.
    Well, I actually went to the new PSO with the purpose of seeing if he could fix the ball but, because I was using a Vise-It at the time, he didn't think it was a good idea try to fix it, redrill it and put in another Vise-It.

This lead to me inquiring about buying a new ball but, which led to him looking at my fit, which led him to offering to re-drill some my current equipment before trying to re-sell me on a new ball.

As a result, I am no longer using Vise-Its. I suspect that I could have talked to the new PSO and, since it wouldn have been a patch, plug and redrill for a normal thumb slug, he could have probably done the job for me. I only went back to the old guy because my sons team was bowling in the same center was his shop was located. In retrospect, I should have talked to the new guy again.

You live and you learn.

Chats: 4

WoW my oh my if he took that much surface off of the ball
    for a nick like that what was he thinking. I've fixed bigger
    chips than that without taking that much surface off of the
    ball.

I would be definitely be looking for another PSO that is for sure
    as once the serial number is gone that ball isn't really legal to
    use any longer unless you can engrave the number back into
    the ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill