Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBA is back

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default PBA is back

Did anyone else see the PBA show on Fox yesterday the 23rd? Gimick show but not bad. Rob Stone was back with Randy and I think he did a pretty good job. Even Randy didn't have too many bad jokes or silly sayings. The regular shows will start Jan 7th I think they said. It will be on Fox Sports one.

High Roller

I recorded it but haven't watched it yet
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I enjoyed it. I love the new stats display, but I found myself watching that instead of the actual bowling.

Pin Crusher

I was told that the ball speed we were shown was at release. Our scorer is at the pins and is much slower.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I was told that the ball speed we were shown was at release. Our scorer is at the pins and is much slower.
    That explains a lot lol. I was thinking I was incredibly slow.

If you ever get the opportunity to see any of the pros in person, I think that you will find that the difference in ball speed is much more than can be explained by where the speed is measured. I've had the opportunity to bowl in tournaments with a couple of the pros on the show, and have seen virtually all of the others bowl in person, and their ball speed is beyond belief. If you want to get a pretty accurate measurement of your actual ball speed, there is an App available on the App Store called "Ball Speed". It is a manual App where you tap when the bowler releases the ball, and tap again when the ball reaches the pins. I checked it on several shots on the telecast, and it was accurate to within one mph with the monitor on the screen.

Well, I’ve certainly never had a problem with getting enough ball speed. My ball simply doesn’t do anything when I’m over 16 mph or so lol

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyCatFace View Post
    Well, I’ve certainly never had a problem with getting enough ball speed. My ball simply doesn’t do anything when I’m over 16 mph or so lol
    The most important thing is not ball speed. It is achieving a balance between ball speed and rev rate. Speed dominant players who have a lot of speed without sufficient rev rate have one set of problems, while rev dominant players who don't have the necessary speed to balance out their rev rates have another. From a coaching standpoint, getting speed dominant players to slow themselves down to achieve balance is much easier than teaching rev dominant players to get more ball speed.

Ringer

I caught the last part of the show and enjoyed it. I liked the stats. I will be looking forward to the next broadcast.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Pin Crusher

Rob that would be average speed. Speed at release and speed at the pins are different. Speed at the pins seems more important. Example would be throwing between 5th and 6th arrow going out to 5 board at a speed of 16 at release might be 13-14 at the pins. I am not doubting their speed on TV just would like to know how they get their readings. I like all the techy stuff. Speed does make for more strikes on off hits compared to slow speed will ever get.
    Either way Merry Christmas to all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast