Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Some new equipment worth mentioning I now have

Ah BBS’s... man I remember those good old days

Did you play legend of the red dragon on them too?
    Last edited by chrono00; 01-10-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    Ah BBS’s... ,an I remember those good old days
    I dunno if I'd call them the good old days. Monochrome monitors, 5.25 floppy disks, ASCII art and rocketing down the information superhighway at top dial up speeds of 300 baud. Remember how high tech we thought the computers were in the movie War Games with that robotic voice saying "Greetings Professor Falcon...How about a nice game of chess?" LOL

I felt pretty far ahead of the game back then when in 1988 I bought my Mac IIcx, full color monitor, 16mb of Ram and a massive 40mb hard drive and the best part...a mouse! Sadly, being that far ahead of the game cost me more money than most of the cars I've bought to this day. I'm happy to say that very same computer is in my son's office and still works perfectly running MacOS 7.6.1. He uses it to edit sound and a paint program that's still 2nd to none utilizing a pressure sensitive stylus. For that stuff it's awesome, anything else not really... unless of course you enjoy staring at progress bars all day.

Legends of dragons, no I didn't really mess with games much. I think the first computer game I got into was the original Sid Meyer's Civilization Version 1. I'd stay up days in a row playing that game. I was more on the geeky side of the computer stuff back in those days. I'd hack the OS and a lot of goofy stuff. I can't really even think of anything that was actually productive that I did on computers in those days. All I know is I spent a lot of time doing it.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 01-10-2019 at 02:18 AM.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 0

hi all, I picked some newer balls up for 2019 season Radical The Fix, DV8 Vandal Strike, Hitman, Roto Grip Hyper Cell, Hustle HYB. 5 balls in all. I use mostly my older balls now. Faball Truck kicked my Vandal Strike out of the bag till I get use to it, LOL. Soon I test Hitman. Anyone have used the 5 newer balls I picked up. On the THS or dry backends.
    I got Truck and AMF Sumo in bag now. I bring just 3 balls to league and throw on slow side.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345