Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some new equipment worth mentioning I now have

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I thought about collecting money to pay your bail. No one would contribute though. Glad you are back it has been dull without you.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    ugh and it begins...
    wow. pretty disappointing. a guy comes back with bad news and you can't say anything nice. if you don't like reading his posts then skip them. geeeesssshhhhhh.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    ugh and it begins...
    Block his posts or, you know, don't even click on them if you don't want to read them. Jeesh, some people, time to put drlawsoniii on ignore.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    wow. pretty disappointing. a guy comes back with bad news and you can't say anything nice. if you don't like reading his posts then skip them. geeeesssshhhhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Block his posts or, you know, don't even click on them if you don't want to read them. Jeesh, some people, time to put drlawsoniii on ignore.
    LOL Thanks guys, no need to defend for me. If he doesn't like me he doesn't like me. I doubt he's the only one, just the only one that chooses to say anything about it. You can't please everyone and I've heard much worse from people who like me better. He started posting about me months ago, it's fine, I don't mind. It's of no consequence to me, just words on a screen. As a matter of fact, it gives me a chuckle the effort that has been put forthwith to try to invoke others to follow that has obviously been met with less than stellar results. In a round about sort of way it's a compliment. I respect the fact he has the guts to voice her dismay. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Stormed1 - The Hammer Rebel has no other markings on it, it's blue and red if that helps?

Fordman - Bail money? LOL Come on man, I'm a lot of things but I tend to stay out of trouble with the law. Since I do bar tend, I do contribute to others possibly getting in trouble though. I try not to but even one or two drinks can do it depending on what it is. However, just in case....next time try a GoFundMe. You may get better results. Just make it sound good and off the wall, people love to donate for weird causes rather than the ones that make sense. =)
    Last edited by Phonetek; 01-06-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Hard to skip them when it's a page long diatribe on every post everyone makes. And I'm not alone, I've had others thank me for telling me how it is. I don't come here to read someone's diary every day. I come for Bowl's knowledge of the history of the game, I come for Rob's tips on technique, and to read about how a select few did during their weekly league games. There are a few like me who get sick of being bombarded on every post by one persons ramblings that have little to do with the subject matter.

I don't know the guy, I've never met the guy, so why does it matter to me that he had a loss in the family. I was just glad that I could come here and drink my cup of coffee and see how I can become a better bowler.
    Rolling: Storm Snap Lock, Track Kinetic Emerald, Columbia 300 Freeze, and Pyramid Path Spare

Wow... there’s a douchebag in every crowd.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

A friend of mine has the Hammer Rebel Yell. I’ve known him about 10 years, and this is the first time he has gotten a ball that he actually uses, rather than than trying it a few times and giving up because he can’t use it in the same comfort zone as his Hammer 3d Offset.
    John

drlaw... I come here to learn about bowling, too, and enjoyed my recent exchange with Rob very much. I'm happy that he didn't think I was trying to tear his comments apart as that was not what I was trying to do. I was trying to give my experiences and asking questions about them. Learned some in the process...
    Of course, I really enjoyed those videos of Phonetek posted about behind the scene action at his place quite a while ago. Those were great!

Cranker

Who's this Phonetek guy? Should he do another introduction post? =P

Welcome back, my condolences about the father-in-law. I wish someone would gift me some bowling balls. (Hey bowlingball.com, isn't it time I win another ball? =P)

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    A friend of mine has the Hammer Rebel Yell. I’ve known him about 10 years, and this is the first time he has gotten a ball that he actually uses, rather than than trying it a few times and giving up because he can’t use it in the same comfort zone as his Hammer 3d Offset.
    I'm a Hammer guy, always have been since they first came out. I'm not sure if I'll drill that one or not at this point. I have the VS to drill first, then I have the Rip'd and Black Hammer. For now I feel pretty well set up. Funny how I went to not knowing what to buy then suddenly not knowing what to drill. I'm pretty sure I'm going to give my son the choice of what he wants. Since right now I'm not doing any important bowling I figure his game takes priority. He's about ready to move up to 15# very soon. He's grown about a foot since the last video and weighs as much as I do now.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast