Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some new equipment worth mentioning I now have

Ringer
    Chats: 0

you don't have to read the posts. just skip to posts that interest you personally.
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    Also, Flooding which is what all these diatribes are doing, can also be considered trolling.
    The posts from phonetek are relevant to bowling and lots of people enjoy reading them. If you really have a thing about reading his posts, seriously, do yourself a favor and block him so you don't have to read them. It is very easy to do.

See below:

Click on link for user name:

Click On View Profile:

Click on Add to Ignore list:

Done. You will no longer see posts by phonetek.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    The posts from phonetek are relevant to bowling and lots of people enjoy reading them. If you really have a thing about reading his posts, seriously, do yourself a favor and block him so you don't have to read them. It is very easy to do.

See below:

Click on link for user name:

Click On View Profile:

Click on Add to Ignore list:

Done. You will no longer see posts by phonetek.

Blocking doesn't resolve the issue, it just leaves gaps in the threads of others that he posts on which will leave the thread confusing. Talking about his life and taking the forum over as his personal blog is what I have the most problem with. His rant's go way off topic of threads that he doesn't start. If he want's to use the blog section for his life story that's fine, I just dont want to read it when i'm trying to follow a pertinent thread. I don't think that's too much to ask. There's a blog section for a reason.
    Rolling: Storm Snap Lock, Track Kinetic Emerald, Columbia 300 Freeze, and Pyramid Path Spare

Chats: 32

Good grief guys it's a bowling website. Usually the posts are at least tied to bowling somewhat. We've had much bigger annoyances here than anything phonetech says
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

Blocking doesn't resolve the issue, it just leaves gaps in the threads of others that he posts on which will leave the thread confusing. Talking about his life and taking the forum over as his personal blog is what I have the most problem with. His rant's go way off topic of threads that he doesn't start. If he want's to use the blog section for his life story that's fine, I just dont want to read it when i'm trying to follow a pertinent thread. I don't think that's too much to ask. There's a blog section for a reason.
    It ignores his posts so you don't have to read them. Won't make it confusing for anyone else that wants to see the posts. What else is simpler than that?
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

For lack of a better metaphor, somewhere along the line I must have farted in your sandbox on this great playground we call Bowling Boards. However, that isn't against the rules of the playground and as far as I know, nothing I have done has violated any rules here. If I had, surely one of the mods would have contacted me regarding it. My guess is that harassing other members probably IS against the rules? Hmmmm? The fact of the matter is, this is a "Discussion Board" based on bowling, key word "Discussion".

Like any discussion online or otherwise, they can and do go off subject from the OP. Again, not against the rules. Go on ANY online forum and go back as far as you want, posts are hijacked more often than not. Even on this particular board, go back more than 1 year, before I joined. It's been going on since day one. The more replies they get the farther from the OP they are, I certainly didn't invent the practice. I might point out what you did in THIS post is hijacking so you're obviously a hypocrite. When I post something under the heading with anything "Bowling" related then my OP IS "Bowling" related in some way, where it goes from there is anyone's guess. Each post takes on a life of it's own, I expect it. That's what keeps things interesting. That's again where "discussion" comes into play.

If my posts are not bowling related, then they are in the "11th frame lounge" where they belong. My bowling posts may not be instructional like Rob & Bowl, or whatever else YOU may want to see but they do fall within the parameters of this discussion forum. Working at a bowling center I have a unique perspective about bowling that few if any others here currently have, that perspective is what I share. It's the behind scenes and other workings of a bowling center, that's what I contribute.

I can't help but notice there is a lack of others jumping on your bandwagon of Phonetek haters as you claim there are, perhaps they just clicked "Ignore" and moved on with their lives. It appears to me that my writings are appreciated by at the very least, the other people who commented in this post and I'm happy with that. I'm sorry you don't like my writing style. There are some that don't like Rob's or even Shakespeare's either, too bad for them.... their loss. I may have changed it to accommodate you had you PM'ed me and used some tact in private, I'm a reasonable guy. It's way past that time now so don't bother.

Instead you chose to be inflammatory, insulting and making this ridiculous infantile public display of whining reminiscent of Jerry Springer type drama trying to incite others to do the same. I no longer feel any need to change anything for you. It's sad how a mere blue collar guy like myself knows how to better treat people than a "distinguished medical professional" such as yourself, you should be ashamed.

IF you REALLY want to learn to be a better bowler from this forum then take the professional advice Rob has stressed a multitude of times and get a coach. I'm no longer commenting on this matter, I have better things to do. To quote Grumpy's quote. "Bye Felicia"
    Last edited by Phonetek; 01-07-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

This thread was literally started by him, about him. If that’s too much for you to ignore, then the problem is yours.

Chats: 55

Keep posting PhoneTek. Love your perspective of the working side of our beloved sport.

I bowed out and quit posting as much as I use to - being about the only female on the boards, sometimes my opinions were not well accepted and I chose to "avoid" the confrontations.

Now, if you go the way of our past Iceman, then yes, I would consider that off the deep end, and an ignore - or more so, a speed thru read, would be in order.

Besides, you got the new equipment - what this post started out as - by being a good human being and treating people right. Isn't that part of our bowling sport as well?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Keep posting PhoneTek. Love your perspective of the working side of our beloved sport.

I bowed out and quit posting as much as I use to - being about the only female on the boards, sometimes my opinions were not well accepted and I chose to "avoid" the confrontations.

Now, if you go the way of our past Iceman, then yes, I would consider that off the deep end, and an ignore - or more so, a speed thru read, would be in order.

Besides, you got the new equipment - what this post started out as - by being a good human being and treating people right. Isn't that part of our bowling sport as well?
    Thank you ClassyGranny, I take that as high praise. Oh I had no intention of no longer posting because of one ignorant person. It would take much more than that since all I am guilty of is having my own unique writing style which he don't like. Release the Kraken! Besides, a discussion board isn't about everyone agreeing, sometimes it's the disagreements that make it interesting.

I have read many of the writings of the Iceman you speak of. He too was unique, a little out there yes. That said, if you read between the lines and got past the tom foolery, he asked some good questions and made some good points now and again. It wasn't always an automatic speed thru.

I am quite aware my posts are long winded. That is simply because my style is being a story teller. I have been this way my whole life and online going back to the days of BBS's predating "the internet" as we know it, AOL and Compuserve. I'm not changing now. At least I use proper grammar and punctuation.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

Ringer

Amen
    in the bag Pyramid Pathogen X, Ebonite Purple Stinger, Elite polyester spare ball
    Southpaw

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast