Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New ball and new target

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    You need to be really careful when considering plastic balls with dynamic cores, particularly if you don't have a lot of ball speed. I tried a Track Spare Plus, and found that it hooks too much for me as a strike ball, much less as a spare ball for corner pins.
    i stay around 15 mph (at impact) with 16# equipment. If I drop second arrow on the shot they have for our league i hit the pocket nearly 100% but still average less than 9 on my first ball. Thats good to know about the spare plus - maybe if I just keep that in mind when having it drilled. Was it starting too early or cutting too hard at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    Thats good to know about the spare plus - maybe if I just keep that in mind when having it drilled. Was it starting too early or cutting too hard at the end?
    Just over-hooking and inconsistent. Due to bone degeneration I only average about 10 mph. I really don't get the concept of putting at strong, asymmetric core in a plastic ball. It's a lot like putting a GT engine in a go-cart!

High Roller

Just over-hooking and inconsistent. Due to bone degeneration I only average about 10 mph. I really don't get the concept of putting at strong, asymmetric core in a plastic ball. It's a lot like putting a GT engine in a go-cart!
    Hey those go karts are fast...lol. My son raced karts until 2012 and raced against a few NASCAR and Indy car drivers. Those guys race these karts on their off weekends because it is the closest thing to the real deal...lol. Anyway....back to bowling
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowler

I see. my thoughts are I just need something to fire down the lane on these dry to the bone houses. my pancake plastic works but id like to get a better angle of entry if i can help it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123