Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FOX coverage of PBA - there are some really good things happening **01/06 spoiler

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Odd how no one is talking about the PBA shows that just finished. Nothing about the crowd noise, just worry about colored oil.

Cranker

The PBA playoffs show were excellent. The Fox coverage has been really good and it's nice to have a network treat bowling like a serious sport. I think Prather and O'Neill were the two best bowlers this tournament and both deserved to be in the finals. Prather had nerves of steel and O'Neill really struggled with his ball reaction.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

In all honesty I just haven't had time to discuss it yet - I watched both weekend telecasts back to back so after I was done I didn't really feel like discussing it. We all knew the crowd noise was going to happen since it was Portland and they are known for that (granted I'm really curious if the other locations in 2020 will have a same feel - I will be in Westminster for sure). Very happy to see a game turn into a strike fest because what was missing before this was for the casual bystander to see an exhibition of how amazing these guys are. We can all see the improvement in the telecast quality and I think it is a good product for FOX as well - the PBA seems very flexible in when they will put on events as to help with filling content (as long as it doesn't go up against major sporting events).
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Pin Crusher

I believe it needs more publicity or hype on web sites like this. It is the best thing to happen to bowling since the old ABC Saturday telecasts. If it isn't supported by the viewers it will go away and we will be watching cornhole and those guys on ice with brooms. Support the PBA when ever you can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123