Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FOX coverage of PBA - there are some really good things happening **01/06 spoiler

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Just finished watching the PBA doubles. Even though Ogle is a 2 hander I became a fan. Would like to see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Just finished watching the PBA doubles. Even though Ogle is a 2 hander I became a fan. Would like to see more of him.
    Yeah, it’s hard not to love a good story like that. And he was solid ice out there.

I'm really enjoying the broadcast. My only complaint is the shot tracker deal that pops up after each shot is only up for a few seconds. I'd like to be able to study it a little longer between shots.

On a side note I wonder how much of that info is available real-time? Do the players have access to it? Ball reps? I really wish I could have access to that kind of info. I'd really like to get an idea of how consistent (more like inconsistent for me) I am with my ball speed and rev rate.

High Roller

Recorded it yesterday but only watch the first few minutes so far. Saw Mark Roth sitting there. I didn't know him that well but a sort of funny story here. Me and my friend ran the youth bowling league in the early 2000's (about 2002-2003) at the local center (now closed). Long story short Mark got involved in a deal with a local guy and was a partner in this center for a short time. It was called Mark Roth's Woodside Lanes. Anyway, I had no idea who he was. This was before the internet had blown up and pre-Google. There were rumblings about Mark Roth being there but that meant nothing to me. At the time I had only heard of buys like Dick Weber, Parker Bohn, and Brian Voss. I had talked to Mark every Saturday morning and watched him bowl a few times but he was only there about 6 months and they had a falling out so the partnership fell apart. A few months later the center closed. I will say that the guy Mark had partnered with was pretty shady and the story I had heard (and was pretty reliable) Mark got screwed over. I only add that so nobody reading this thinks Mark was the reason for the bad deal. I knew the partner since about the early 90's and he had always been pretty shady so the story I heard was believable.

Anyway, the funny part was that I had no idea who Mark Roth was even though I had been bowling in leagues for 20 years. I remember specifically asking somebody who he was when they told me he was running Park Lanes (the name changed after Mark got involved)
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mx1alex View Post
    I'm really enjoying the broadcast. My only complaint is the shot tracker deal that pops up after each shot is only up for a few seconds. I'd like to be able to study it a little longer between shots.

On a side note I wonder how much of that info is available real-time? Do the players have access to it? Ball reps? I really wish I could have access to that kind of info. I'd really like to get an idea of how consistent (more like inconsistent for me) I am with my ball speed and rev rate.
    In a few years, you’ll see it start popping up in bowling centers.

Chats: 256

Since they are using Specto for the stats, that is available real time using an app on phone/tablet. I am sure ball reps would likely have access to it, but maybe there is a rule that they cannot use it during competition? I know kind of an answer with more questions. LOL!!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Pin Crusher

My team mate is the general manager of the center where I bowl and told me he tried to talk the owner into buying the system. The bill was really steep. Like $2000 per pair or maybe it was per lane. The owner said maybe next year.

My thought was they could have a shot tracker for each lane up constantly. One on the left of the screen and one on the right. Don't really need much screen real estate for the bowling lane or player close ups.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpter View Post
    My thought was they could have a shot tracker for each lane up constantly. One on the left of the screen and one on the right. Don't really need much screen real estate for the bowling lane or player close ups.
    agree 100%

High Roller

started watching it today and after one shot you can hear Rash and Ogle talking and one tells the other what the revs were so they must have access to real time on it.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast