Forge
Coverstock : Coercion HFS
Core: Detonator (Symmetrical)
Surface: 3000 Grit LSS
Layout : 40 x 4 ½ x 33

Forge (noun): The strongest symmetrical ball ever created by Motiv Bowling built for a smooth ball motion on medium to medium-heavy patterns that features the low rg Detonator weight block wrapped in the Coercion High Friction Solid coverstock that provides even traction and continuation.

I am a fan of symmetrical weaponry because the ball reaction is even and I love big covers because of the traction I get out of it throughout the lane, the Forge is the perfect combination of both. The Forge was created to fit below the Trident Abyss once it becomes too big for the pattern allowing you to maintain a similar ball reaction, in my eyes the Forge reminds of the original Forza with a very strong cover with the Revolt Havoc continuation.

The ball motion of the Forge is early as the Coercion High Friction Solid coverstock commands as such and because of that it’s rather versatile for me on both flat and wet/dry patterns, as early and smooth as Forge is when it’s time for me to move left I didn’t have an issue maintaining continuation cornering the lane.

Comparisons

Villain: The Forge is earlier than the Villain due to its low rg of 2.47. The Villain provides easier length as it has a higher rg than that of the Forge at 2.54, both covers offer versatility on heavy to medium-heavy patterns however the HFS coverstock is bigger than the MFS on the Villain. The ball motion is similar but the Forge is more continuous up front than the Villain, the Villain has the asymmetrical Sinter core whereas the Forge has the symmetrical Detonator core.

Villain Scorn: Forge is earlier than the Villain Scorn due to its low rg of 2.47. The Villain Scorn has a higher rg at 2.54 providing more length and has the Hexion SE coverstock, between the two the Forge has a stronger coverstock. The Villain Scorn ball motion is more angular than the ball motion of the Forge, the Villain Scorn has the asymmetrical Sinter core whereas the Forge has the symmetrical Detonator core.

As a huge fan of the Revolt line I look forward to the success the Forge line will bring, as advertised it does indeed fit underneath my Trident Abyss. If you were a fan of the Revolt line as I was I encourage you to take a look at the Forge as I feel it is worth your time.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II

Motiv Staffer

WhyBowl Staffer