Thread: So I have to ask...

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

what is the difference in the two?

“Retro” bowling shirt:

Modern jersey:

Pin Crusher

Ok thanks. But does anyone actually wear a button up bowling shirt? We just got our new shirts and they are solid red or off red. I like them because they have a pocket. Can't get crazy looking shirts with pockets. I like the pocket because I am the jackpot man and have money in every pocket I can find. I have to wear shorts even when it is cold and snowy. Have a big knee brace so it don't work with my skinny jeans.

The Dude will sometimes wear a button up. Seems good enough for me.

I also wear a knee brace, the pull over kind, and have some golf pants that are very light and roomy in the legs. They work well with the knee brace.

Couldn't you just write down the jackpot amounts on one sheet of paper and then keep all of the jackpot money together in one lump?

Pin Crusher

Well my knee brace is the kind the linemen on football teams wear. The pot money is for 8 pots about 1600-1700 total lots of 5's, 10's 1's and a lot of 20's.

Those things are bulky, I feel your pain on that.

With all that cash I hope the shorts are cargo shorts? Love me some cargo shorts for the pocket capacity but the Golf world mostly frowns on them so got rid of most/all. I don't envy you with all that cash being thrown around. My experience from golf is when enough money gets involved players start to do funny things. I know nothing of your group so take that as just a statement in general. I have a great group for golf. Just enough in the pot to make things interesting but not enough for most players to get funny about it. Most of what is won goes on the bar to buy the rest of the group drinks which seems to work well. I would be happy just to play for bragging rights.

Pin Crusher

I try to keep tabs on those suspected of bagging. So do all the guys who put money in. No one is blatant but a few miss spares the would normally make. A few years ago I rerated a guy with a book avg. well under his capability. He subbed in 5-6 leagues and averaged 215-220 but never got 21 games in, except in his mixed league where he had 172. He quit when his average was changed to 215. Good riddance and a warning to others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12