Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I have to ask...

Default So I have to ask...

What's with the Jerseys? Does anyone else think they might not be helping the image of pro bowling? Most seem more than a bit ridiculous looking to me.

Chats: 32

I kind of like some others not so much. Goofy pants didn't hurt golf lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Goofy pants didn't hurt golf lol
    Agreed and I considered that. The difference is in golf such pants are by far the exception rather than the rule. If all golfers were wearing them I don't think it would be good for the sport. Some outliers add character IMO. In bowling everyone seems to wear a Jersey and it just looks odd to my eye.

Chats: 1

I have no problems with them. Then again, I've worn florescent colors bowling at times.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 256

The designs and colors of jerseys certainly keep me from wearing them. Can customize some that are much more to my taste(boring and solid), but I haven't gone that far with what I wear to bowling league. I do bowl some tournaments that require a name on back of shirt, but I only go so far as embroidering name on back of a solid shirt.

Now, if I were supported by a specific company, I would be all for advertising on my apparel for said company.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJim View Post
    I have no problems with them. Then again, I've worn florescent colors bowling at times.
    If there was an up and coming young Pro Bowler that suddenly was the only one wearing florescent colors I could see that working (ie. Ricky Fowler in his early PGA career). I would dislike it as much as the Jerseys but young kids might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Now, if I were supported by a specific company, I would be all for advertising on my apparel for said company.
    Me too, but I still have to think does it really need to be advertised on one of those god awful looking Jerseys instead of basic shirt? The outfit Jesus wears in your avatar picture might be better IMO... or at least entertaining.

Chats: 0

I like the old skewl kewl look with the black slacks and polo with name on it. It's comfortable to me and that's all I care about. I've never been a jersey guy, too baggy I swim in them. A lot of the outfits today are more athletic wear that is stretchy but hugs the skin with a lot of those pastel colors from the neck down. That's fine for those of us that are physically fit and buff. Since I'm not one of them, I would look like I was a stick figure wearing that and the bowling ball would look like the size of a beach ball at the end of my arm.

The ladies colors are worse, all those shades of pinks they look like a giant Peptol Bismol tablets bowling. I guess that's the evolution of fashion on the lanes. I'm out of style off the lanes, might as well stay out of style on the lanes. I may get a two or 3 color even pastels but tastefully done polo, that's the extent of it.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

It all started when the "new" PBA decided that they were going after NASCAR and Wrestling fans rather than league bowlers for their telecasts. I don't know if they've actually picked up viewers, but I tend to doubt it. I did notice that the latest telecast was missing the moron trying to sound like a wrestling announcer when he introduced the bowlers. Good riddance to that!

Polos and slacks for me. Can’t stand the “jerseys” they wear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast