Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: League Starts Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by grumpter View Post
    The line he stepped over was in relation to etiquette and sportsmanship. Monday morning we got an email that the league next to us were none too pleased which wasn't that unexpected. I half expected to get a complaint from the team we were playing against. This week they have us at the far end of the alley which is a good move. We are also playing against the team of the guy running the league which is another good move. I can't help but think the choice of opponent is not a coincidence.
    What was the behavior

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I am a little confused. When you say over the line do you mean he stepped over the FOUL line or was acting like a fool?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I am a little confused. When you say over the line do you mean he stepped over the FOUL line or was acting like a fool?
    As I read the post it looks like he was acting likea fool. The only foul involved might be language.
    John

1) In warm-ups he did not wait for the lanes on each side to be clear. One of the players in the other league said something, in not the kindest way, and 'our' guy gave him a bit of attitude but from then on observed proper etiquette on that matter.
    2) A few times he trash talked a guy on the team we were playing against. If they knew each other I would understand but they had just met. As more alcohol was added the trash talk escalated.
    3) He tried to distract one of the other teams bowlers as the guy was preparing to make his approach. The guy from the other team did an amazing job of ignoring him.

He was a bit loud and animated but that part didn't bother me too much if done at the right time. I think he might have a bit of A.D.D. but not sure.

Yea trash talk and distracting on purpose are definite problems. Some friendly trashy talk when you know everyone is fine.

As far as lane etiquette...its warm ups...get over it. I generally observe a lane curtesy during warmups, mostly out of habit, but i’ve Probably bowled at the same time as others a few times or had others do it to me. As long as it doesn’t happen during actual game play it doesn’t matter to me.

I would have more of an issue with number of turns taken in warmups. Most leagues I’ve done is one ball, strike, gutter, whatever, next guy up. If someone was taking two turns while everyone was taking one, then i’d Probably say something....unless it was a 10 pin leave, everyone asks to take the second shot at the ten pen occasionally lol

The other league was in the middle of a game while we were in warm-ups.

Pin Crusher

He should get a warning and the next time he does it he should be kicked out of the league. Play by the rules or you are out the door.
    What a total a** H***.

High Roller

We have a guy that barely waits for you. I have seen near misses because a bowler gets off balance at the line and the other guy is just about to release his ball. Seems he waits till you are on about your 2nd or 3rd step then he starts. This is a veteran league bowler so he should know better. I did notice lately that he now releases his ball about 5' before the line now. Doubt there is any connection there as I don't see somebody changing their whole game just cause they didn't want to wait an extra 15 seconds. I know when we bowl next to him and we are both up I just step back and let him go. BTW-his average is about 207 even with him releasing the ball that far before the foul line
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    He should get a warning and the next time he does it he should be kicked out of the league. Play by the rules or you are out the door.
    What a total a** H***.
    We, the team, already got a warning per my mention of the email Monday morning. It's a beer league, his first time playing in a league and he is young. I'm not ready to start calling him names that need asterisks. He is actually amusing when toned down a notch. If he can learn when and where things are appropriate he will be fine.

Pin Crusher

There are rules and there are unwritten rules. You don't try to distract a bowler when he is starting his approach. I can not believe he wasn't expelled or in a fight. There is no way he could get away with that in either of my leagues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast