Thread: Training Tool

Chats: 55

Default Training Tool

Has anyone used the Turbo Wrist Restrictor as a training tool?

Sounds interesting, but looking for some feedback before investing $30 just for fun.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Haven’t tried it, but I know several kids who it might be worth trying it out on.
    John

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I just saw a video on it, looked interesting. I was thinking about getting one to help a few people I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IPgCcZ06JE

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Has anyone used the Turbo Wrist Restrictor as a training tool?

Sounds interesting, but looking for some feedback before investing $30 just for fun.
    I've used Robby's version of this type of device several years ago as I had issues with "topping the ball" at the release point. My guess is that my brain thought I needed to put more on the ball or something. After I attended some coaching that tendency was pretty much gone.
    Also, after watching Richard Shockley's videos on release techniques convinced me that keeping your thumb to the left for right handed bowlers was key to success.
    I used the restrictor for a little while during practice but I personally didn't have much success in attaining a better release.
    I had much better success in using the foul line drill and the one-step drill to learn how to release the bowling ball more effectively.
    Save the money and take some lessons instead...

Haven't tried it, but seems interesting.