Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Latest in New Bowling Ball Threads...

I typically will buy a new ball during the season. I have sticking to one brand as there are just to many choices. I know this limits me to but this is best for me. I am just trying to understand my game better so I can make good choices. I try to find used but it don;t seem to work out for me. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Chats: 0

Me too on long break, I was looking at a Storm IQ Fusion with a few games on it. You have a good range of bowling bowls.
    My next league night got 3 balls to use. I have many older balls. In the bag now is Faball Truck, Columbia Overdrive, Ebonite Savage Flip.
    So your Storm IQ Tour has good control on dry backends?

Chats: 1

Usually before buying a new ball, I'll tweak the surface of my existing collection to see if that would make a difference. So far I finished my Radical Katana to 5000 grit. It tamed down the violent back end. It's still a defined move, but much more readable. I l left the Ludicrous at box finish, with a control layout. And my Quick Fix, I sanded to 3000. So far, it's covering most of the conditions that I face.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJim View Post
    Usually before buying a new ball, I'll tweak the surface of my existing collection to see if that would make a difference. So far I finished my Radical Katana to 5000 grit. It tamed down the violent back end. It's still a defined move, but much more readable. I l left the Ludicrous at box finish, with a control layout. And my Quick Fix, I sanded to 3000. So far, it's covering most of the conditions that I face.
    Some good ball choices there ;-)

Chats: 221

Not sure yet when will be able to come back to bowling. But I do know i will be dropping to 14# as i will be bowling with a prosthetic left leg. So far i have picked up a Global Continuum $58 shipped (Need to plug thumb) for heavy oil, A Special Ops for $52 (plug thumb also) for Med and a NIB Shadow Ops for $87 for dry. Once i get back i will dd an After Dark pearl and a Badger. Will also pick up a 14# plastic off a closeout list
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Not sure yet when will be able to come back to bowling. But I do know i will be dropping to 14# as i will be bowling with a prosthetic left leg. So far i have picked up a Global Continuum $58 shipped (Need to plug thumb) for heavy oil, A Special Ops for $52 (plug thumb also) for Med and a NIB Shadow Ops for $87 for dry. Once i get back i will dd an After Dark pearl and a Badger. Will also pick up a 14# plastic off a closeout list
    Hey Stormed1,

I hope you get back on the lanes soon. Maybe this will be some encouragement.

http://www.nbc12.com/2019/01/15/doub...bowls-perfect/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12