Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Bowling Vitals

Default Electronic Bowling Vitals

Hi All, I have a appointment tomorrow to have my bowling vitals read electronically. I will get my PAP,axis tilt,axis rotation,ball speed and rev rate. I guess there is a chip on a test ball that you throw and then a computer program deciphers it. I was wondering if anyone has had this done? Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Chats: 1

No, I would love to have it done as well. There is a guy running the pro shop at the alley that I'm at claiming that I really don't need that info. I was thinking of having a ball drilled by him, instead of my normal stand-alone pro shop that I go to. Now I'm a bit hesitant.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJim View Post
    No, I would love to have it done as well. There is a guy running the pro shop at the alley that I'm at claiming that I really don't need that info. I was thinking of having a ball drilled by him, instead of my normal stand-alone pro shop that I go to. Now I'm a bit hesitant.
    I would think at the very least he would need to measure your PAP. As long as you throw a ball with enough color variations to easily see the way the ball rotates on its axis, he can get a rough guess of rev rate, axis tilt and axis rotation.
    John

Chats: 0

It would be interesting to have my info. I'm a full roller with a pretty high rev rate and a medium ball speed.

I was wondering if they couldn't just put special color/reflective stickers on your ball and get what they need from a video? Too simple? Or am I missing it?

Brad

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by six6guy View Post
    It would be interesting to have my info. I'm a full roller with a pretty high rev rate and a medium ball speed.

I was wondering if they couldn't just put special color/reflective stickers on your ball and get what they need from a video? Too simple? Or am I missing it?

Brad
    Yes, all of that can be figured out from the oil lines to get the PAP, and then videos with tape to get revs, rotation, and tilt. The electronic gizmo just makes it all a one step process.

I haven’t seen one of these, don’t know how accurate they are, or how often they need to be recalibrated.
    John

I had the session today and it was interesting. I warmed up with my ball and then we used a test ball with a very weak core. I got it fit to me and then through 18 shots with this electronic chip then a computer program deciphers the shots and gives you a average of your specs and how consistent you are. Now how accurate it is I don't know. My PAP was a bit different than what I have been using for drilling. What I need is a quarter scale so I can check it to see if correct. It was worth doing. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I would think at the very least he would need to measure your PAP. As long as you throw a ball with enough color variations to easily see the way the ball rotates on its axis, he can get a rough guess of rev rate, axis tilt and axis rotation.
    I would think that would be a good starting point as well. The PSO that was there when I first started at that alley had a few suggestions. I was willing to get a ball or two drilled by him. He retired due to health reasons. Then this guy opens a new shop in his place. Some people swear by the new guy, however I think I'll stick with the kid who was trained by my favorite driller. It's just not too convenient for me to get to his shop,
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by SRB57 View Post
    I had the session today and it was interesting. I warmed up with my ball and then we used a test ball with a very weak core. I got it fit to me and then through 18 shots with this electronic chip then a computer program deciphers the shots and gives you a average of your specs and how consistent you are. Now how accurate it is I don't know. My PAP was a bit different than what I have been using for drilling. What I need is a quarter scale so I can check it to see if correct. It was worth doing. Steve
    So what were the results? And it would be interesting if you had your PSO check them then compare the numbers.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    So what were the results? And it would be interesting if you had your PSO check them then compare the numbers.
    I am going to verify these numbers some how. My rev rate seems low at 222 with a 15.1 mph ball speed but may be right. My axis tilt was 13.3 and 61.9 axis rotation. my last check of my PAP was 5 1/4 over 3/8 up and bowler id shows 4 9/16 over 1 3/16 up. I had a lot more power when I was younger and did not realized I had gone down this much. The good news is I am at an elite level {His Words} as far as repeating shots an speed control so I got that going for me. I am going to try and get some film on my ball with the tape method to verify rev rate and speed. Steve

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by SRB57 View Post
    I am going to verify these numbers some how. My rev rate seems low at 222 with a 15.1 mph ball speed but may be right. My axis tilt was 13.3 and 61.9 axis rotation. my last check of my PAP was 5 1/4 over 3/8 up and bowler id shows 4 9/16 over 1 3/16 up. I had a lot more power when I was younger and did not realized I had gone down this much. The good news is I am at an elite level {His Words} as far as repeating shots an speed control so I got that going for me. I am going to try and get some film on my ball with the tape method to verify rev rate and speed. Steve
    Cool. I generically calculated my rev rate awhile back and came up with about 325 but checked another video from a couple months ago and it was more like 275. But I recently modified my release and watching rev rate videos mine looks closer to the ones they show at about 350 so who knows. None of those were very accurate calculations so probably somewhere in there. Once I get more consistent with my new release I'm going to try to get a better video and more accurate calculations. I can't find the video I had with the tape on the ball but that was awhile ago. I know my axis rotation had to have changed with my new release but I never knew what it was before anyway. I do know my speed is pretty high. Our sensors show anywhere between about 16.5 and 18.5 at the pins. I times it and it's about 2.23 seconds from release to pins and I'm quite a bi faster than most in our league.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast