Thread: Help Me Pick A Ball

Chats: 256

Default Help Me Pick A Ball

I won a Ball of Choice Raffle and I am stumped on what ball I want to get.

I am pretty exclusively Roto Grip and Storm, but I have been thinking of trying some EBI family products or Brunswick.

Current balls that I have:

Roto Grip Winner Solid
    Roto Grip Halo
    Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused
    Roto Grip Hustle INK
    Storm Sure Lock
    Storm Drive
    Storm Hy-Road Pearl
    Roto Grip Haywire
    Roto Grip Hectic
    Roto Grip Hy-Wire

Not that I really need a new ball, but another never hurts LOL!!

Storm/Roto balls that I have been interested in are the Physix and the upcoming Crux Prime. Both of which are Asym's, not sure I need another Asym in my bag right now(Halo, Hyper Cell Fused, Sure Lock)
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I've had plenty of toys to play with, too. My first was a Track 300T. Many Storm balls and a couple Roto Grips. Finally got a Hammer Widow which I was originally disappointed with until I played with the coverstock some.
    You've got most of the bases covered by the looks of it.
    I just had to get another classic in the IQ Tour Edition. Looking forward to it.
    If I were you, I'd take a closer look at the Crux Prime. It's a ball with the SPEC coverstock and it's supposed to react a bit differently particularly in the dry boards. It's supposed to be able to not burn out and just roll afterwards. It has adhesion. The ball will continue through the pins possibly better than any other ball from Storm or Roto Grip. If I get another ball before next Christmas, that's the one I'll get unless I see something about it that I don't care much for. Last year I got the Code X to replace a Code Black I had and the X reacts quite nicely where the Black wasn't too much different for me than the Hy-Road Pearl.
    Have fun. Good luck and Congrats!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I won a Ball of Choice Raffle and I am stumped on what ball I want to get.

I am pretty exclusively Roto Grip and Storm, but I have been thinking of trying some EBI family products or Brunswick.

Current balls that I have:

Roto Grip Winner Solid
    Roto Grip Halo
    Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused
    Roto Grip Hustle INK
    Storm Sure Lock
    Storm Drive
    Storm Hy-Road Pearl
    Roto Grip Haywire
    Roto Grip Hectic
    Roto Grip Hy-Wire

Not that I really need a new ball, but another never hurts LOL!!

Storm/Roto balls that I have been interested in are the Physix and the upcoming Crux Prime. Both of which are Asym's, not sure I need another Asym in my bag right now(Halo, Hyper Cell Fused, Sure Lock)
    I here the Radical Squatch is a good on the tour and high avg. bowlers. Plus Storm Soniq is popular too.
    Last edited by tomcat; 01-22-2019 at 02:06 AM. Reason: forgot something

Well, I went ahead and got the Storm Physix. They were pushing me to make decision so they could mail it out to me. I am sure I could trade at pro shop if I wanted to when it arrives.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

It’s a solid ball, lots of pros using it on tour

Finally got it drilled up. Shot a few games with it at practice yesterday.
    Rolls really well and I think will be in regular rotation for me.