3000 Grit LSS
Symmetric Core
Layout 60 x 4-1/4 x 50

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/4 Up
Rev Rate 250. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The Forge is another big hooking ball in the Motiv line. This ball is a bit different than previous hook monsters because it has a symmetric core. Most balls we have seen that can handle oil this well have been asymmetric. Symmetric cores, in my opinion allow you to stay in an area longer and when you move the moves are not as big. When I first rolled the Forge I was very surprised because it hooked more than my Original Villain. The Forge is between the Abyss and Original Villain for me. The Forge has a very strong cover, Coercion HFS that bites early and maintains exceptional drive through the pins. The Forge is 3000 Laser Scan Sanded out of the box which I think is a nice match. The ball can be surface adjusted easily if required. The Forge has a similar motion to my Forza SS but is much more overall and delivers more drive through the pocket. The roll also reminds me of the Idol Solid by Roto which has been a great tournament ball for many bowlers. I have to believe the Forge is a bit stronger from what I have seen. The Forges I have drilled for the bowlers in my area have been a hit. I am very pleased with the reactions so far. Speed dominated bowlers or those who need more hook with forgiveness are really enjoying this ball. I have had the opportunity to use my Forge on many patterns and it matches up to all but the dryer ones for me. I can see this getting a lot if use when I need a strong predictable hook.

Summary:
The Forge is a big hooking Symmetric addition to the line.
The ball looks great and cleans up easily.
The Forge rolls heavy and is predictable.
The Forge will be a great choice when the Abyss is just too much.
The drive through the pins with the Forge is very strong.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff

www.motivbowlng.com
https://youtu.be/5PE7zzBaJcQ